The 'big' iPhone...

Years ago, I broke free of the iPhone brainwashing mainly because the screen was too small to accomplish the every day tasks I needed a smartphone for. I ended up in the 5" range of androids. For years... I have had iPhone users around me bash my phones for 1 thing... 'It's too big."

Now, we have a 'big' iPhone coming out and these sheep are pretending its revolutionary. They're going crazy. They are EXCITED that Apple has a large phone coming out.

Is it just me or does the mentality not make sense? Why, for years do you complain about the size of most smartphones is too big, but as soon as Apple puts their name on one its suddenly OK? What ever happened to the days of just having a personal preference and that was enough? Now you can't have a personal preference. The dividing line is ridiculous. It is almost to the point where iPhone and Android users can't be friends. Everyone is trying to one-up the other person all the time.

I'm currently using a Nexus 5. Why? No contract. Unlocked. Good sized display, Overall it handles every function I need it for. it cost me 350$ for a top of the line smartphone that doesn't have me locked into a contract for 2 years. The worst thing I hear about this is based on the camera. Big deal. I'm not a photographer. I take some pictures from time to time and yes, I like to have them look good, but after uploading them to facebook or wherever, after compression... they always look as good as the Galaxy S5/Iphone users pictures. I don't give a damn what phone you use. Can I call you on that phone? Can I text you? Great! We can be buddies!

I just don't understand why anyone gives a damn what anyone else chooses to keep in their pocket. 

The sheep need to learn to think for themselves.

History tells us big groups of people don't really react in logical ways ;-)

Somebody once said "The bigger the group, the lower the IQ" ;-P

If people are religously happy with brand X, let them. We all have choice, and that's good.

sheep are represented by the masses... you mean Android/Samsung users?

Right there you just proved my point. By sheep, I meant the hordes of followers on both sides with little to no valid reason to bash the other side.. Android/iPhone. The only 'logical' group I see are the ones using windows phones cause they just don't give a ######. 

Right there you just proved my point. By sheep, I meant the hordes of followers on both sides with little to no valid reason to bash the other side.. Android/iPhone. The only 'logical' group I see are the ones using windows phones cause they just don't give a ####. 

i deal with a lot of people daily, and view the forums here and there around the web... i would  say its the ios user who don't care what people use. The Android boys are fanatic though for sure from just looking on any forum or talking to one.

sheep are represented by the masses... you mean Android/Samsung users?

Actually, in this sense sheep are people who mindlessly follow/emulate others because it is seen to be the cool/right thing to do. Sure you could assume that a majority means it is more likely for mindless following but this has been a perception of Apple fans for a while. I don't know anything about "big" iPhones etc so I can only assume the OP is correct in his statement that in the past users have slated the larger devices (like Samsung) but are now seemingly happy that it is happening with the iPhone. It certainly is a perception amongst iphone users in the past that they have been quick to downplay a competitors advantages only to embrace them once they are announced for the iPhone.

Of course this is just massively stereotyping and I think is much less of an actual thing these days because there is actually a decent amount of choice nowadays, back when this perception was observed, the iPhone was the only true decent smartphone available.

• Like 1

i deal with a lot of people daily, and view the forums here and there around the web... i would almost say its the ios user who don't care what people use. The Android boys are fanatic though for sure from just looking on any forum or talking to one.

Not according to my daily life. I see equal fanatics on both sides. Granted, more often than not the ios users think they  are better but don't even know why. They just think because they have an iPhone it instantly makes them better. It has nothing to do with the phone at that point. They think... I have an iphone. I MUST BUY ALL APPLE PRODUCTS NOW!!! You don't see android users going and dropping Windows to pickup Chromebooks. 

Bottom line is fanatics need psychological help. Both phones are great in their own ways. MANY ways they are great are equal on both sides. 

Right there you just proved my point. By sheep, I meant the hordes of followers on both sides with little to no valid reason to bash the other side.. Android/iPhone. The only 'logical' group I see are the ones using windows phones cause they just don't give a ####. 

i deal with a lot of people daily, and view the forums here and there around the web... i would  say its the ios user who don't care what people use. The Android boys are fanatic though for sure from just looking on any forum or talking to one.

To be fair, arguing over who cares the most is probably still counting here :p

Uh... who is claiming that a bigger screen is "revolutionary".  The only people I see throwing around those claims are the Android zealots and Apple-haters.

Seriously, I would absolutely love to see some proof of these claims...

Not according to my daily life. I see equal fanatics on both sides. Granted, more often than not the ios users think they  are better but don't even know why. They just think because they have an iPhone it instantly makes them better. It has nothing to do with the phone at that point. They think... I have an iphone. I MUST BUY ALL APPLE PRODUCTS NOW!!! You don't see android users going and dropping Windows to pickup Chromebooks. 

my daily interactions are in exact opposite to yours. weird... different area, different people i guess.

Uh... who is claiming that a bigger screen is "revolutionary".  The only people I see throwing around those claims are the Android zealots and Apple-haters.

Seriously, I would absolutely love to see some proof of these claims...

Oh, I'm sorry. I should have waited for that. I have watched quite a few keynotes for the releases of Apple items. They always claim a number of features are revolutionary... even though said features have been in dozens of places elsewhere. Apple is notorious for lacking innovation, but twisting it to make it seem like they were the ones to do it first. I would be willing to put money on the day this keynote comes out that they make the bigger screen seem like something they thought up. Hell, they pretended the iPad was revolutionary when it wasn't. They claimed the iPad mini was revolutionary... Christ. It is exactly the same as the iPad??? What is revolutionary about making it somewhat smaller? It took no skill or talent. There is already a 'mini ipad mini'. We call it the iPhone.

Oh, I'm sorry. I should have waited for that. I have watched quite a few keynotes for the releases of Apple items. They always claim a number of features are revolutionary... even though said features have been in dozens of places elsewhere. Apple is notorious for lacking innovation, but twisting it to make it seem like they were the ones to do it first. I would be willing to put money on the day this keynote comes out that they make the bigger screen seem like something they thought up. Hell, they pretended the iPad was revolutionary when it wasn't. They claimed the iPad mini was revolutionary... Christ. It is exactly the same as the iPad??? What is revolutionary about making it somewhat smaller? It took no skill or talent. There is already a 'mini ipad mini'. We call it the iPhone.

Okay so you're changing your story?  That's nice...

Regardless, I think you need to re-watch those keynotes (if you've even watched them in the first place).  I'm pretty confident that the word "revolutionary" or "innovate" isn't used at all.  There's a very big difference between bullshi*ting and marking product improvements with excitement.  It's pretty clear that you're blind of the latter.  Or just ignorant.

Perhaps you're just deeply hurt that Apple is successful.  The false claims and petty criticisms are a pretty clear sign of that.  God forbid they make products that people want, which then benefits everybody by evolving the market.  Oh no, shame on Apple for not flooding the market with crap like other "certain" companies do...  Seriously, what is it with you anti-Apple people that leads you to expect that every Apple product must be mind-blowing, world-changing, "first time the world has ever seen this", blah blah blah?  Nobody does that, and it's hilariously pathetic when people cliche this over and over and over....  Get over yourself...

Okay so you're changing your story?  That's nice...

Regardless, I think you need to re-watch those keynotes (if you've even watched them in the first place).  I'm pretty confident that the word "revolutionary" or "innovate" isn't used at all.  There's a very big difference between bullshi*ting and marking product improvements with excitement.  It's pretty clear that you're blind of the latter.  Or just ignorant.

Perhaps you're just deeply hurt that Apple is successful.  The false claims and petty criticisms are a pretty clear sign of that.  God forbid they make products that people want, which then benefits everybody by evolving the market.  Oh no, shame on Apple for not flooding the market with crap like other "certain" companies do...  Seriously, what is it with you anti-Apple people that leads you to expect that every Apple product must be mind-blowing, world-changing, "first time the world has ever seen this", blah blah blah?  Nobody does that, and it's hilariously pathetic when people cliche this over and over and over....  Get over yourself...

Wow. Interesting. First of all, I was never 'deeply hurt' about anything. I own stock in apple and I LOVE that they are doing well because it is greatly benefiting me. The original post had nothing to do with assaulting apple. You are blatantly confirming the mentality of the sheep. Why is it a war? I owned the first 4 iPhones. I switched over to Android because of display size alone. I would absolutely consider getting an iPhone if they do make it with a  bigger display... provided they can compete with the cost-effectiveness of the Nexus line. I love android and iPhones alike. I can't say much for Windows phones as I haven't interacted with them very much. 

What I can't understand is why suddenly apple fanboys are ecstatic that they will have larger screens yet, for years, since android one-upped them with screen real estate, larger screens/phones were 'too big' and 'bulky'. 

The best part is we can see who the Sheep are based on responses in this thread alone. You're not making a very good case for yourself. 

i'm just curious to see how many people flip-flop on the "i would hate an iphone with a bigger screen" idea.  (too big for my hand, too big to talk on, etc, etc...)

many friends of mine said that a few months ago when the rumors first started...   but i bet it'll become great when it's released

i'm just curious to see how many people flip-flop on the "i would hate an iphone with a bigger screen" idea.  (too big for my hand, too big to talk on, etc, etc...)

many friends of mine said that a few months ago when the rumors first started...   but i bet it'll become great when it's released

I had a Note 3 for a while and all my Apple friends would make a mockery of the size by holding large things to their head and pretending to talk to it, like a box of cereal. Yet I see people at the gym listening to music through their ipad while jogging on the treadmill.

I had a Note 3 for a while and all my Apple friends would make a mockery of the size by holding large things to their head and pretending to talk to it, like a box of cereal. Yet I see people at the gym listening to music through their ipad while jogging on the treadmill.

I am one of the users that does 'mock' the Larger phone sizes, but unlike most. I'm not a band-wagon jumper.

I will most likely be switching to the Windows Phone and in particular the smaller versions of it. I enjoy the size of the iPhone 4s, I don't like nor need the extra row of Applications, and I refuse to upgrade my phone / plan as a result regardless of the discounts or deals they offer me.

The larger phone screen works some some, a not for others it's never a 100% win. Never. But that being said, we have the Original iPad, and the iPhone 4, then we have a plethora of tablets and phones that ultimately give you a choice of what size both height and width you want.

I certainly am not blindly following Apple as if they are revolutionary guru's. There will alway be branding wars, between Phones, Consoles, Car Makes, Sporting Equipment, and pretty much every place where competitors are expressing pros and cons down to the damn colour choice.

If it works for YOU that's all that matters, I guess this is a bit of a sweet taste of revenge when you consider the whole picture.

I'm not impressed in the true lack of innovation Apple has suffered in the last while, but I haven't been overly impressed by much in regards to the Mobile division of technology as a whole.

I had a Note 3 for a while and all my Apple friends would make a mockery of the size by holding large things to their head and pretending to talk to it, like a box of cereal.

Still one of the funnier mockery's I've ever heard of.

Wow. Interesting. First of all, I was never 'deeply hurt' about anything. I own stock in apple and I LOVE that they are doing well because it is greatly benefiting me. The original post had nothing to do with assaulting apple. You are blatantly confirming the mentality of the sheep. Why is it a war? I owned the first 4 iPhones. I switched over to Android because of display size alone. I would absolutely consider getting an iPhone if they do make it with a  bigger display... provided they can compete with the cost-effectiveness of the Nexus line. I love android and iPhones alike. I can't say much for Windows phones as I haven't interacted with them very much. 

What I can't understand is why suddenly apple fanboys are ecstatic that they will have larger screens yet, for years, since android one-upped them with screen real estate, larger screens/phones were 'too big' and 'bulky'. 

The best part is we can see who the Sheep are based on responses in this thread alone. You're not making a very good case for yourself. 

Well unless you purchased Apple stock pre-2012 or mid-2013 when it tanked, you're hardly doing well with their stock.  AAPL is a classic story of how artificial hype can over-value a stock, and a lot of people lost their asses for buying into it.  Okay? Great, onto the next point...

Your post #11 was entirely a ramble of your believe towards their products...  "Assault" isn't the right word for it, but you certainly made the cliche misuse of "revolutionary", "innovation", blah, blah, blah.  Except you're missing one important thing... Proof.  You're throwing around all these claims, but don't have any evidence to stand on.  Good on you to have an opinion, but when you throw around baseless claims, you shouldn't be surprised when people call you out.

I'm still waiting for you to provide some proof that people are going crazy over these bigger iPhone rumors?  What am I missing here?  Here in the real world, it's no secret that some iPhone users wouldn't mind a little more screen real-estate.  It must be completely unreasonable that Apple would listen to what their customer base might want, right?  But no, people should be pis*ed off at these rumors, right?  Again, god forbid Apple releases a product that people actually want.  *GASP*

And let's end on the best one...  So you're saying that I'm an Apple sheep?  Really now?  What exactly have I said that would indicate that?  What have others said that indicates that? Oh right, it's because I/we disagree with you.  So that automatically makes me an Apple sheep.  That's so fresh.  Thank you for making that absolutely hilarious and childish insinuation...

Years ago, I broke free of the iPhone brainwashing mainly because the screen was too small to accomplish the every day tasks I needed a smartphone for. I ended up in the 5" range of androids. For years... I have had iPhone users around me bash my phones for 1 thing... 'It's too big."

Now, we have a 'big' iPhone coming out and these sheep are pretending its revolutionary. They're going crazy. They are EXCITED that Apple has a large phone coming out.

Is it just me or does the mentality not make sense? Why, for years do you complain about the size of most smartphones is too big, but as soon as Apple puts their name on one its suddenly OK? What ever happened to the days of just having a personal preference and that was enough? Now you can't have a personal preference. The dividing line is ridiculous. It is almost to the point where iPhone and Android users can't be friends. Everyone is trying to one-up the other person all the time.

I'm currently using a Nexus 5. Why? No contract. Unlocked. Good sized display, Overall it handles every function I need it for. it cost me 350$ for a top of the line smartphone that doesn't have me locked into a contract for 2 years. The worst thing I hear about this is based on the camera. Big deal. I'm not a photographer. I take some pictures from time to time and yes, I like to have them look good, but after uploading them to facebook or wherever, after compression... they always look as good as the Galaxy S5/Iphone users pictures. I don't give a damn what phone you use. Can I call you on that phone? Can I text you? Great! We can be buddies!

I just don't understand why anyone gives a damn what anyone else chooses to keep in their pocket. 

The sheep need to learn to think for themselves.

The "big iPhone" is nothing more than a "phablet" version of the iPad - and likely why the iPad mini was killed (overlap).

There are already phablets running Android (Galaxy Note 3 and successor Note 4/Nexus 4 and 5) and even Windows Phone (Lumia Icon) - however, Apple/iOS had nada in the "phablet" category.

Phablets in general exist because there are folks that are bigger users of cellular networks (LTE especially in the US and the EU) as opposed to wi-fi (home, corporate, and hotspot).  While you can use an iPad on LTE, you can't use it to make calls (by design - the carriers would rather sell phablets or large phones, as opposed to letting tablets make calls over wireless).

Will the larger iPhone even support wi-fi at all?  Most phablets are either/or - not both.

Well unless you purchased Apple stock pre-2012 or mid-2013 when it tanked, you're hardly doing well with their stock. AAPL is a classic story of how artificial hype can over-value a stock, and a lot of people lost their asses for buying into it. Okay? Great, onto the next point...

Your post #11 was entirely a ramble of your believe towards their products... "Assault" isn't the right word for it, but you certainly made the cliche misuse of "revolutionary", "innovation", blah, blah, blah. Except you're missing one important thing... Proof. You're throwing around all these claims, but don't have any evidence to stand on. Good on you to have an opinion, but when you throw around baseless claims, you shouldn't be surprised when people call you out.

I'm still waiting for you to provide some proof that people are going crazy over these bigger iPhone rumors? What am I missing here? Here in the real world, it's no secret that some iPhone users wouldn't mind a little more screen real-estate. It must be completely unreasonable that Apple would listen to what their customer base might want, right? But no, people should be pis*ed off at these rumors, right? Again, god forbid Apple releases a product that people actually want. *GASP*

And let's end on the best one... So you're saying that I'm an Apple sheep? Really now? What exactly have I said that would indicate that? What have others said that indicates that? Oh right, it's because I/we disagree with you. So that automatically makes me an Apple sheep. That's so fresh. Thank you for making that absolutely hilarious and childish insinuation...

Great response man. Thanks for putting the guy in his place.

I'm still wAiting for him to show where exactly Apple uses the word innovate and invent as much as he believes they do. And also where All these Apple users that are super excited about big screen iPhones are...

Great response man. Thanks for putting the guy in his place.

I'm still wAiting for him to show where exactly Apple uses the word innovate and invent as much as he believes they do. And also where All these Apple users that are super excited about big screen iPhones are.

Can I ask, what phone do you currently own? How about you Astra.Extreme? 

The road goes both ways. You 'geniuses' are taking it to heart like I rammed you in the backend with a parking cone. Relax. Or don't. All I'm seeing right now is proof to my original post. Sheep. Astra twisted my words and said I called him an 'Apple Sheep'. I didn't. No matter what brand you wait in line on release day makes you one of their sheep. Android/Apple/Video Game Consoles. Its all the same and I still have yet to see a single Android user get as defensive as you have. Relax and stop taking it so personal. I never attacked you directly and quite frankly, your 'god' steve jobs helped to make some great products, but I'm curious why you put a company on a pedestal that in reality looks at you as... well... their sheep. If they gave a damn about you, copy/paste would have been there from the start.

Well unless you purchased Apple stock pre-2012 or mid-2013 when it tanked, you're hardly doing well with their stock.  AAPL is a classic story of how artificial hype can over-value a stock, and a lot of people lost their asses for buying into it.  Okay? Great, onto the next point...

I purchased most of my stock in 2002-2003 when I saw the rise of MP3 players from Apple. Apple alone earned everything in my life for me. Apple paid my student loans, and has paid all of my bills for almost 7 years now. I am very greatful for that, which is why I am trying to point out... Sheep, any brand. I simply used Apple as the basis because Apple enthusiasts are notorious for defending the company so adamantly. 

The road goes both ways. You 'geniuses' are taking it to heart like I rammed you in the backend with a parking cone. Relax. Or don't. All I'm seeing right now is proof to my original post. Sheep. Astra twisted my words and said I called him an 'Apple Sheep'. I didn't. No matter what brand you wait in line on release day makes you one of their sheep. Android/Apple/Video Game Consoles. Its all the same and I still have yet to see a single Android user get as defensive as you have. Relax and stop taking it so personal. I never attacked you directly and quite frankly, your 'god' steve jobs helped to make some great products, but I'm curious why you put a company on a pedestal that in reality looks at you as... well... their sheep. If they gave a damn about you, copy/paste would have been there from the start.

Currently I'm using the Nexus. And yes, you called him a sheep, basically.

You came out, posted a rant, and when people asked you for proof you basically called them a sheep.

So once again, I'll ask, can you provide some facts or proof to some of the ridiculous statements you made?

Currently I'm using the Nexus. And yes, you called him a sheep, basically.

You came out, posted a rant, and when people asked you for proof you basically called them a sheep.

So once again, I'll ask, can you provide some facts or proof to some of the ridiculous statements you made?

I did not call him an APPLE sheep. His actions proved he was a sheep. Company did not matter. He just told us to which company he followed. As for a 'rant', no. Not exactly. I stated that I didn't understand why anyone cares what phone the next person has in their pocket.

As for finding you the proof, just go ahead and watch an earlier keynote for iphone/ipad. I'd go find it but I could care less. I've no reason to prove anything. Since the dawn of the company Apple has copied other products. Improved, yes. Stolen as well.

I purchased most of my stock in 2002-2003 when I saw the rise of MP3 players from Apple. Apple alone earned everything in my life for me. Apple paid my student loans, and has paid all of my bills for almost 7 years now. I am very greatful for that, which is why I am trying to point out... Sheep, any brand. I simply used Apple as the basis because Apple enthusiasts are notorious for defending the company so adamantly. 

Ah okay, good call on that investment then.  They were one of the best booms of that decade.

Let's see:

Yeah, that's a pretty good indicator...

And...

I never attacked you directly and quite frankly, your 'god' steve jobs helped to make some great products, but I'm curious why you put a company on a pedestal that in reality looks at you as... well... their sheep.

There we go!  Another stab and more baseless claims...

I'm still waiting for you to provide anything of substance...