Need to create ISO from windows 8 OEM DVD, then Bootable flash from that ISO

So here's the story....

I have a Samsung Ativ tablet, bought it second hand, the original owner wiped the partition clean, including the recovery partition, I want to reinstall windows so I requested a recovery media from Samsung, they were kind enough to send it to me for free, the problem.... they sent me a Windows 8 Recovery DVD, for a tablet.... without a DVD drive lol

I've been out of the windows world for a while and wonder if anyone could help me create a bootable ISO from my Samsung recovery DVD, I know there are WIndows ISO's out in the web to download but that's not what I want, I want to reinstall from the Samsung recovery disk.

so again, I need to create a bootable ISO from my Samsung recovery DVD, to then later create a bootable flash drive from that ISO.

thank you

At present almost every burning software has facility "burn to Image" which will convert your bootable DVD  to Bootable ISO. say, Nero, Power2go, Ultra ISO, Power ISO etc are some popular tools.

all worked, thanks, turns out samsung sent me a regular windows 8 DVD, no drivers included so total waste of time, has microsoft made the ISOs for Win8.1 update 1 available for non MSDN yet?

thanks

all worked, thanks, turns out samsung sent me a regular windows 8 DVD, no drivers included so total waste of time, has microsoft made the ISOs for Win8.1 update 1 available for non MSDN yet?

thanks

Why would the MSDN images be better if the existing Samsung image was a problem?

Why would the MSDN images be better if the existing Samsung image was a problem?

because the samsung image was actually a regular windows 8 disk like any other, without my tablet drivers nor samsung software, so after installing, aside from the drivers ill have to install all the windows updates too, including 8.1 and update 1, so might as well get an ISO of 8.1 with update 1 included.

and maybe even slipstream the drivers?

because the samsung image was actually a regular windows 8 disk like any other, without my tablet drivers nor samsung software, so after installing, aside from the drivers ill have to install all the windows updates too, including 8.1 and update 1, so might as well get an ISO of 8.1 with update 1 included.

and maybe even slipstream the drivers?

The problem with using the MSDN image is you'll likely lose your OEM activation AND you'll likely lose access to Samsung apps in the store (not sure how that appears or how useful it is)...

So going off base to the MSDN image could be a little more hassle.

The problem with using the MSDN image is you'll likely lose your OEM activation AND you'll likely lose access to Samsung apps in the store (not sure how that appears or how useful it is)...

So going off base to the MSDN image could be a little more hassle.

here is my current situation, i bought the tablet from craigslist, a samsung ativ smart PC pretty much new with extended warranty, the guy even gave me the original receipt, the problem was that the original owner didn't like the samsung "bloatware" which i actually use some of their applications, so he bought a retail key for windows 8 pro, he even provided me with that key, but he wiped the whole SSD including the recovery partition, and reinstalled windows 8 pro, now because of the key he used, the windows store sees the tablet as any other windows device and will not let me install the samsung apps, like S note etc.

also if i need to reinstall windows, i'll have to use a USB Hub, keyboard and mouse because of the drivers and only 1 USB port, that's why i requested a recovery media from samsung because i thought it would have all the drivers and apps included, and the samsung rep said that the recovery disk would pick the OEM license from the bios (i don't know about that). allowing me access to samsung apps from the store.

now that i found out its just a regular windows 8 disc, i already gave up on the samsung apps, im just looking for a way to make the reinstallation as painless as possible as far as updates and drivers go, i have the retail windows 8 key that i can use for the MSDN ISO.

so if there is a way to slipstream the drivers (for touchscreen etc) that would eliminate the need for the USB hub, keyboard and mouse which i don't have.

by all means any ideas or input i'd appreciate.

thanks

Use Universal USB Installer. It can turn Windows installation ISOs into a bootable USB drive.

Or RUFUS - which works with bootable ISOs of any OS (except OS X).

If you can mount the ISO, you SHOULD be able to add a folder with the drivers you need to it (as long as you don't exceed the target drive's capacity - you can even do so after copying to USB).

Or RUFUS - which works with bootable ISOs of any OS (except OS X).

If you can mount the ISO, you SHOULD be able to add a folder with the drivers you need to it (as long as you don't exceed the target drive's capacity - you can even do so after copying to USB).

im looking for a way to slipstream the drivers, or automate the drivers installation right after windows, otherwise i would still need to plug a keyboard and mouse into the tablet to navigate through the folders and install drivers (because it needs touchscreen drivers apparently)