• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mindovermaster

Mindovermaster

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 13
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:51

I have a HP Deskjet D2530. My mom doesn't like it on, so whoopee.

But the thing is that when I turn it off and then on, in any period of time, the power button blinks and then turns off. Button no longer works until I pull the power on it. Put power cord back on, press button, works just fine.

It goes through this cycle every time I shut it down. Could this be a power cord issue, or is this at the controller board?

Best Answer Praetor , 15 April 2014 - 10:46

i can only guess that it's the power controller board that it's going bye bye; I've had a few clients that had that same printer and they all died (the printers, not the clients lol). If it's not the power outlet that isn't delivering the right amount of energy (you can try to switch the power outlet to see if you can reproduce this error) then it's the power controller - if that's the case and the printer isn't under warranty then there's not so much you can do :/

Go to the full post

#2 bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Neowinian

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:52

Do you have the latest software/driver package installed from HP? I've seen similar glitches over the years and generally a uninstall and reinstall of the latest driver/software package seems to fix the issue. 

#3 +snaphat (Myles Landwehr)

snaphat (Myles Landwehr)

Electrical & Computer Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 29
  • Phone: dumb phone

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:33

Doubt it's the power cord myself. My guess is that it is holding charge until a physical disconnect

#4 jasondefaoite

jasondefaoite

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:51

From a quick check on the HP site .. how long are you pressing in the button when attempting to turn it on?

http://h10025.www1.h..._link=ot_search

Sounds like you should only tap the button. Holding it down for a longer period of time might turn it off again!

#5 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:46   Best Answer

i can only guess that it's the power controller board that it's going bye bye; I've had a few clients that had that same printer and they all died (the printers, not the clients lol). If it's not the power outlet that isn't delivering the right amount of energy (you can try to switch the power outlet to see if you can reproduce this error) then it's the power controller - if that's the case and the printer isn't under warranty then there's not so much you can do :/

#6 cork1958

cork1958

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:58

Do you have the latest software/driver package installed from HP? I've seen similar glitches over the years and generally a uninstall and reinstall of the latest driver/software package seems to fix the issue. 

Whether the newest drivers or not, printer drivers seem to get messed up quite often, for no apparent reason at all and require a reinstall.

I hate freaking printers, especially wireless one's as those seem to mess up even more often.

#7 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:04

i doubt its the drivers since the printer turns off when the OP turns it on; also the printer turns on and stays on after a power cord reset.

#8 OP Mindovermaster

Mindovermaster

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 13
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:54

Drivers have nothing to do with this. This is a hardware fault. I'm just using default Linux drivers. It powers up and down with a click of a button.

I just tap the button, not holding it down or anything.

Think you're right though, Praetor, it's on its way out. I think I got this thing back in 2008/2009. But, we have other printers in this house. This is just my personal one.

#9 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

Posted 19 April 2014 - 23:29

Drivers have nothing to do with this. This is a hardware fault. I'm just using default Linux drivers. It powers up and down with a click of a button.

I just tap the button, not holding it down or anything.

Think you're right though, Praetor, it's on its way out. I think I got this thing back in 2008/2009. But, we have other printers in this house. This is just my personal one.

glad to help you out; printers this days are cheap enough to one not bother much solving hardware problems when they are out of warranty.