Strange desktop problem?

Right I'm having a bit of a weird problem with windows XP, I'm using the Prophecy theme and wallpaper with the hacked dll and everything looks fine and dandy until I change how I connect to the net (setting it to never dial). Changing the net connection seems to feck about with my desctop wallpaper changing it to some sort of low-res which I can't change

I've been using the system restore proggy loads to get it back to how it should be but it's a right pain in the arse because I change the net connection nearly every day when I connect to the works LAN. Anyways if anyone has seen or heard of anything like this and knows how to change it let me know.

You can see an example of what Happens in the pic here: http://www.mpz.co.uk/images/staff/56/desktop.jpg

I'm running Win XP Pro with the hacked UXTheme.dll on a OC Duron 700@1000 with a GF2 GTS with 384Mb RAM if that helps.

-Padwah

Originally posted by comet

dr. comet suggests a new theme.. static

You're a doctor now comet! :D

Can you think of anything you installed or changed, which coincided with the first occurance of the problem? The hacked uxtheme.dll perhaps?

Thats the thing which is really annoying it seems to randomly happen after re-installing with no common denominators in the install.

It's something to do with the fact that the desktop picture is 1024x768 and my desktop is 1280x1024 with the background picture set to stretch to fill, which is usually fine but then the blocko vision enters randomly. Everything's fine if the desktop pic is the same size as my desktop but thats not the point, It used to work with the smaller picture and it din't take up so many resources.

Anyway thanks for the tips :)