Domino

Chicken as pizza crust?

Come on now. Though I'm a pizza purist, granted. Proper Italian pizza eaten with knife and fork for me, please.

Why would a purist eat it wrong?  :rofl:

It was originally sold in Naples in a paper wrapper out of open air bakeries, nowhere to sit down and eat at a table with a knife and fork.  :rofl: And many Naples "purists" consider only 2 kinds of Pizzas to be actual pizza, the Marinara and the Margherita. 

Sounds similar a dish that showed up in our area about 30+ years ago called "meatza pie" or "meatza pizza." Do a Google of those and you'll find tons of recipes.

You replace the pizza's bread with a ground or chunky meat; beef or meat loaf, chicken, turkey etc. have all been used locally and are served with the typical topping choices. I know at least 2 middle eastern restairants that make them with lamb or mutton.

Ex: chicken meatza: http://cavegirl101.wordpress.com/2011/04/09/chicken-crust-meatza/

Domino's being a Detroit based company just commercialized it.

Domino's can replace the crust with horse poop, for all I care.

I've never liked their pizza.

I can buy and make better pizza from the local store.

whenever I have pizza, I always prefer to get from mom and pop pizza places,as I feel a lot of them make a better pizza than large chain pizza shops.

Is it ok to eat pizza with a spoon?

You may go sit out in the hall and think about what you have said.  :p

I don't think this should be called pizza. Doesn't pizza have to have dough?

I can't see myself eating this. If I want cheap questionable processed chicken, I'll go to Chik-fil-a.

This is ridiculous, yet more pressure on farms to produce vast quantities of cheap meat in order to supply an unreasonably high demand. This creates worse and worse conditions for livestock and poultry. I'm not at all a vegetarian but I think we could all live with a little less meat in our lives both for the sake of our health and farm conditions. What's wrong with a pizza made of dough?

I'd eat the crap out of it, I tell you that much! Looks wonderful! Almost like a "Chicken Parmesan", if you will. I'd hit it! Er, I mean, eat it! Sounds amazing!

I experimented with frozen chicken nuggets about a month ago.

After baking, I put my favorite 'pizza' sauce on them and sprinkled on crushed red pepper.

Just the right bite. :p Great with milk.

Domino's can replace the crust with horse poop, for all I care.

I've never liked their pizza.

I can buy and make better pizza from the local store.

have you had their pizza in the last couple years? really big improvment.

OT: it's kind of ridiculous to even market it as pizza. are they really doing that or was it just for the story?

have you had their pizza in the last couple years? really big improvment.

OT: it's kind of ridiculous to even market it as pizza. are they really doing that or was it just for the story?

Sensationalist story.  It isn't marketed as pizza.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qf0g1oxa1vwgjzf/Screenshot%202014-04-17%2011.31.51.png

Reminds me of when KFC came out with a sandwhich that instead of buns/bread they were replaced by 2 chicken breasts..

KFC-Double-Down.jpg

I like my chicken just as much as the next (non-vegetarian) person but that image just makes me queasy for some reason. :x