• Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:18

What's on the police report?

#17 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• 25,382 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:30

Of course, I was there. I know exactly what happened and I know that the accident wasn't my fault. However, whether that is evident to others (such as the insurance company) is what I'm wondering.

The car in front of me crossed the double yellow line into the oncoming lane as if they were turning into a gas station located right there. I continue in my lane. We are almost even and parallel (my front end at or past their passenger side door) when they abruptly come back into my lane. We both brake hard. They clip my driver side front end with the rear of their passenger side as they turn into a driveway, which was their destination. They didn't use a blinker during the course of events, but obviously there's no way to prove that.

They refused to exchange insurance information and were very argumentative. They told me they were leaving the scene. I called police and they stayed. A police report was made on the scene.

This is the location: https://www.google.c...4.6312022,187m/
 - The accident occurred going south on Northwood from Prairie View Rd, across from the Prairie View Phillips.    

If you wanted to get all "CSI" on it, you can prove it. The filament gets hot when in use, so if there is a crash there will usually be plastic/metal/whatever debris stuck in it which could otherwise not happen when cold.

Doubt it would come to that but thought I'd share :p

#18 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• 3,529 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:38

If you wanted to get all "CSI" on it, you can prove it. The filament gets hot when in use, so if there is a crash there will usually be plastic/metal/whatever debris stuck in it which could otherwise not happen when cold.

Doubt it would come to that but thought I'd share :p

that is true but i never saw that being investigated unless there's fatalities and the case goes into court.