12 posts in this topic

It's not too often that a game hits Kickstarter and immediately grabs hold of your imagination. Heart Forth, Alicia is one such game, modeled after examples of the "Metroidvania" style of side-scrolling action with RPG elements. The Kickstarter is live, and the trailer below offers a nice sample of what to expect.  

The synopsis:

There

Looks great and i'm going to back it.

I make it a thing to back every Metroidvania game i see.

The industry needs more Metroidvania games.

Interesting but I wouldn't get it unless it's on console.

modeled after examples of the "Metroidvania" style of side-scrolling action with RPG elements

Like there weren't any side-scrolling action games with RPG elements before "Metroid" & "Castlevania", give me a break!

This is the problem with crowd funding games.

you're paying for a game, based n early screenshots and short clips with some fancy description(lets trust the word of a developer on how awesome the game will be... huh Peter Molyneux), You certainly don't know if it will have a good story...

They're making a Linux version.  If I had a dollar I'd back this.

Like there weren't any side-scrolling action games with RPG elements before "Metroid" & "Castlevania", give me a break!

Where does it assert that?

lol the narrator sounds like the South Park commentator guy.  Sound a bit fishy to me.  Game is not fully immersed in 3D aspect.  RPG these days has to be fully 3D world or it is back in the 80s.

lol the narrator sounds like the South Park commentator guy.  Sound a bit fishy to me.  Game is not fully immersed in 3D aspect.  RPG these days has to be fully 3D world or it is back in the 80s.

What... Why? Though I do question the choice of side scroller over something like isometric 2D. BUt it seems like every indie game has to be a side scroller nowadays, preferably with so called "retro" pixelation...

Another day, another Kickstarter.

$110,000 - The PS4 Port 

The big one. We know that tons of you have been dying for any news on ports, so we