2 keyboards on one computer?

Hi,

This might be a dumb question, I never tried this, but is it possible to have two keyboards connected to a PC?

I have my AV-Receiver and TV connected to my computer, so that when I watch movies my TV shows up as a second monitor. I can open the movie in VLC, drag it over and watch the movie. Sometimes do the same with Firefox when streaming movies/series via Amazon Prime.

I have a Logitech Solar keyboard (K750) but a wired mouse. I was wondering whether I could hook up a second keyboard, like the new Microsoft Media with built-in touchpad. Would it be possible to use the Logitech for regular PC use and gaming, and then from the couch use the other one with the touchpad? Has anyone tried this?

Multiple keyboards and multiple mice work absolutely fine with Windows XP and above.  I have a similar setup at home myself :)

yea, USBs make it possible.

but i remember when some FUD antivirus would marks any programs that can utilize multiple keyboards as keylogger, simply because such programs using uncommon API for multiple keyboards purposes.

You'll be fine, just hook up multiple mice or keyboards through USB and it works flawlessly. Been using it for years and it's all good.