General Mills Lawsuits Not Allowed If You

General Mills lawsuits have been given a new legal precursor. If you like the company on Facebook, you?re not allowed to sue them. So what?s stopping us from simply ?unliking? General Mills before heading out to see a lawyer?

It is apparently now a legal issue to show any favor toward a product. Even using downloaded and printed General Mills coupons is the equivalent of telling them they aren?t responsible for any problems you have with them. After connecting your name favorably to the company behind General Mills cereal products like Cheerios, Lucky Charms, or Cocoa Puffs, you have legally rescinded your right to sue them.

According to the website, General Mills lawsuits are not allowed and all disputes must be handled through informal means such as emails if you show any kind of favor which could be used as a paper trail, such as entering contests. Even sending an email could disqualify you from using legal means to show your lack of favor. This includes even brands that fall under the General Mills name, such as Yoplait, Betty Crocker, and Nature Valley.

The official wording is as follows:

?We?ve updated our Privacy Policy. Please note we also have new Legal Terms which require all disputes related to the purchase or use of any General Mills product or service to be resolved through binding arbitration.?

The only way you can legally file any General Mills lawsuits is apparently if you don?t buy their products or show them any favor of any kind. How long will it be before Kellogg?s or Malt-O-Meal does the same thing?

This new policy was put in place after two mothers sued the company, claiming that Nature Valley granola bars, though marketed as ?natural,? still contained high-fructose corn syrup and genetically modified ingredients.

Julia Duncan, an arbitration expert at the American Association for Justice, says that General Mills is ?essentially trying to protect the company from all accountability, even when it lies, or say, an employee deliberately adds broken glass to a product.?

more

Finding rat dirt, plastic, metal fragments, glass, etc., in your food is not going to exempt General Mills from lawsuits.

Buying a product, or using an coupon is not an endorsement.

stupid lawyers...... heck I can sue someone I like, saying you like something doesn't mean you don't ever have issues with them. you can't put fine print in that says you like me therefore never can sue me and still like me

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't General Mills someway related to the multi-national scumbag food company Nestle?
I know they share certain brands ... Cheerios, for example, is marketed as a Nestle product over here in the UK.

Genetal mills is a Minnesota based independent company, and they own other brands such as Pillsbury.

General Mills has a joint venture with Nestle where the latter sells General Mills produvts outside the US, often under Nestle's name. Not the same company.

As to this pre-emptive shot at lawsuits - :rofl: :rofl:

It astounds me that companies think they can get away with this. No reasonable person would consider this acceptable, yet in the era of uber-capitalism businesses will do anything to limit their liability and maximise their profits. The state of modern capitalism appalls me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't General Mills someway related to the multi-national scumbag food company Nestle?
I know they share certain brands ... Cheerios, for example, is marketed as a Nestle product over here in the UK.

They're different companies but they have a partnership for promoting certain products outside of the US.