#1 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:23

Microsoft wants to make the Xbox One more like the Xbox 360

Source: http://attackofthefa...-xbox-xbox-360/

It looks like Microsoft is listening to Xbox fans about the direction in which the Xbox One is going to be heading when it comes to features.  Hosting an Ask Me Anything on Reddit, Larry Hyrb of Microsoft revealed that there are plenty of popular features from the Xbox 360 that’ll be making their way to the Xbox One, but it’s not as easy as it sounds.
Just what lies ahead when it comes to updates?  According to Hyrb, there’s a lengthy to-do list, and the number of things that Xbox One owners are requesting continues to grow.  Features like demos, which the lack therof caught some Xbox One owners off guard this week, ahead of the release of Trials Fusion.  A demo is/was available on the PlayStation Store for the PS4, so Xbox One owners were wondering why there wasn’t one on the Xbox Store.

Microsoft is working hard to get features that were on the Xbox 360 onto the new Xbox One, so expect plenty of system updates in the future.

#2 Cyberkiller

Cyberkiller

Gawd.

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:11

Simply amazes me. Why would you not start with what you already have and build up from there. Why would you completely start from scratch and launch with almost none of the features your previous console already has.

#3 Jme621

Jme621

Ungroupable

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:15

I hope for media center 

#4 Jlobb2

Jlobb2

Neowinian

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:25

Simply amazes me. Why would you not start with what you already have and build up from there. Why would you completely start from scratch and launch with almost none of the features your previous console already has.

They have a long history of ruining great ideas.

#5 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:48

I thought this for both consoles, really surprised me...

#6 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:03

The XB1 doesn't support demos? Wow. I'm surprised publishers would tolerate that.

#7 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:06

The XB1 doesn't support demos? Wow. I'm surprised publishers would tolerate that.

It does, but Microsoft removed the essential for what used to be XBLA releases. Now the developer has the choice to release a demo.

#8 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:15

It does, but Microsoft removed the essential for what used to be XBLA releases. Now the developer has the choice to release a demo.

But why would a demo be available on the PS4? Demos are a marketing tool and if a developer has gone to the effort of making one you would think they'd release it on all platforms.

#9 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:21

But why would a demo be available on the PS4? Demos are a marketing tool and if a developer has gone to the effort of making one you would think they'd release it on all platforms.

Maybe with the day 1 patch to bump the res of Trials on the XB1 a demo would need to have been reworked? Who knows. I don't think MS have any silly policies that cost money when it comes to demos do they?

#10 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:22

The last 2 Trials games were Xbox exclusive so maybe their logic was people already know what to expect. Maybe a fee to upload one? Who knows.

As for the decision to remove the essential, it's to please devs/pubs, not gamers. A demo can sink your game and sales as easy as it can make it a success, never mind they sometimes need to create a cut down build which takes time/money.

Maybe with the day 1 patch to bump the res of Trials on the XB1 a demo would need to have been reworked? Who knows. I don't think MS have any silly policies that cost money when it comes to demos do they?

I don't think the patch would stop them. The 360 can download patches for demos and indie games. Not unless the patch size is ridiculously large?

#11 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:31

As for the decision to remove the essential, it's to please devs/pubs, not gamers.

Yeah, it just wasn't very clear from the original post as I got the impression that demos weren't supported.

#12 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:35

The last 2 Trials games were Xbox exclusive so maybe their logic was people already know what to expect. Maybe a fee to upload one? Who knows.

As for the decision to remove the essential, it's to please devs/pubs, not gamers. A demo can sink your game and sales as easy as it can make it a success, never mind they sometimes need to create a cut down build which takes time/money.

I don't think the patch would stop them. The 360 can download patches for demos and indie games. Not unless the patch size is ridiculously large?

No doubt it's like 6GB lol... j/k.

It may just be they thought most sales were coming to come from the "superior" version and opted to spend what time/resources they had making a demo for it? I mean they released a 360 demo so there has to be some reason for not releasing it for XB1.

Regardless, when it's not enforced things like this will happen, and that's what devs want.... It'll probably of been them pressuring MS to drop the requirement.

#13 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:40

No doubt it's like 6GB lol... j/k.

It may just be they thought most sales were coming to come from the "superior" version and opted to spend what time/resources they had making a demo for it? I mean they released a 360 demo so there has to be some reason for not releasing it for XB1.

Regardless, when it's not enforced things like this will happen, and that's what devs want.... It'll probably of been them pressuring MS to drop the requirement.

The XBLA essential on 360 hasn't been revoked, only X1 downloadables. There will always be demos required until they change that and I doubt they will at this stage.

#14 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:49

The XBLA essential on 360 hasn't been revoked, only X1 downloadables. There will always be demos required until they change that and I doubt they will at this stage.

Good point, somehow forgot that when making my post  :s

#15 leesmithg

leesmithg

The Major!

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:19

My Son will be happy, xbox360 pro he has he adores.

It's getting tired now so I hope to get him the xboxone in the future.

Problem is so many bad words been said.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!