Microsoft wants to make the Xbox One more like the Xbox 360

Do you think the xboxone will be able in the future to run xbox360 games?

Seems doubtful. By the time they got around to implementing it, the One's game library would have grown and no one would be interested in b/c.

I think if b/c isn't available on day one, then you ain't gonna get it.

Xbox 360 games use DVD while Xbox One has a blu-ray drive, I dont think its capable of reading dvds.

While you corrected your mistake, you really should just take that line out as it's completely nonsense. Why would a blu ray drive not be capable of reading dvds?

While you corrected your mistake, you really should just take that line out as it's completely nonsense. Why would a blu ray drive not be capable of reading dvds?

Considering it took me 3 seconds to find this:

Play Blu-ray and DVD movies on Xbox One

Overview

The Blu-ray player app allows you to enjoy your favourite Blu-ray and DVD movies through your Xbox One console.

Note When you insert a disc for the first time, you will be prompted to install the app. For more information, see Set up and install the Blu-ray and DVD player app.

http://support.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-one/apps/watch-bluray-dvd-movies

I think I was still in the HD-DVD / Blu-ray world, (had a long day) but yes your correct.

Xbox 360 games use DVD while Xbox One has a blu-ray drive, I dont think its capable of reading dvds.

But they might make an emulator on the X1 to allow you to buy/download 360 games and play them on your X1 but I don't think that will happen as I don't think it would be profitable for them.

Thanks, that would make sense.

I am thinking of buying for him in October, if a price has come down or December/January sales the xboxone.

I'm glad to hear them say that. The 360 has many nice features that are worth bringing over.

Sony and MS rushed their consoles out with many features present on the previous systems, so they will be playing catch up for a while. Its crazy to think that even after all of those years with the previous gen that both companies would run out of time to bring over what worked so well previously, but it happened.

I'm ok with that as long as I hear assurances from each they intend to bring features back and are aggressive with updates. In that respect, I have to give kudos to MS for doing both. Sony just doesn't scream confidence in an aggressive plan to bring back features that did so well on the ps3. I'm happy to see Sony making the effort to update things, but they haven't been very forthcoming on their plans and their pace has been a bit slower compared to MS. Heck, MS seems to be much more engaged with the community when it comes to updates (rare occurrence I know) with things like the beta program.