• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 einsteinbqat

einsteinbqat

Neowinian

• 1,329 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:05

*facepalm*

You put someone in the hospital, and all you care about is the dent in your car! what kind of person are you!

*sigh*

Texting Driver Who Slammed Cyclist: I, Like, 'Just Don't Care'

Poor Kimberley Davis.

The 21-year-old Australian woman was livid when she slammed into a bicyclist while texting late last year, putting dents in her car. The victim suffered a spinal fracture and would spend the next three months in a hospital, but Davis wasn't having any of it, The Standard reports.

"I just don’t care because I’ve already been through a lot of ######## and my car is, like, pretty expensive and now I have to fix it," she told a responding officer two days after the Sept. 20 collision. "I’m kind of ###### off that the cyclist has hit the side of my car. I don’t agree that people texting and driving could hit a cyclist. I wasn’t on my phone when I hit the cyclist."

Davis, of Port Fairy, pleaded guilty on Monday to dangerous driving and was fined $4,500. Police say she used her phone behind the wheel 44 times before running down the cyclist. She called emergency responders but parked more than 300 feet away from the victim and refused to offer him help.

Davis couldn't contain her sadness after the loss of her license, and she made her woes known on Facebook:

(continued : http://www.huffingto...ref=mostpopular)

#2 tiagosilva29

tiagosilva29

Looking for a job in Lisbon

• 12,231 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:29

='(

#3 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 9,080 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:31

She then proceeded to a party, where she drove her friends around while under the influence of alcohol, because, in her words "I'm going to lose my licence anyway".

Suspended for 9 months.  What a joke.

#4 OP einsteinbqat

einsteinbqat

Neowinian

• 1,329 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:06

Talk about sinking even lower.

I do not wish bad things to people, but I would honestly not mind if karma gets her.

She then proceeded to a party, where she drove her friends around while under the influence of alcohol, because, in her words "I'm going to lose my licence anyway".

#5 winrez

winrez

Chronic Master Debater

• 1,082 posts
  • OS: Windows 7 Enterprise 64-Bit, Windows 8 64-Bit, Windows RT 8.1 (Surface)
  • Phone: Samsung Focus WP7.8/ Nokia Lumina 520

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:25

I hope karma gets her back.

#6 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 12,029 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:58

I hope karma gets her back.

...and then some

+1

#7 Raa

Raa

Resident president

• 12,978 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:13

I, like, just don't care... what happens to her.

#8 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,079 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:22

Bitch needs a serious slapping and a permanent ban from the roads.

Sure, cyclists are damned annoying and quite often ARE the cause of many accidents that then gets blamed on the driver, but as she was texting, she WAS on the phone, clearly distracted, and therefore clearly to blame.

What the hell was the judge thinking, being so lenient, especially given her dreadful attitude?

#9 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

• 4,517 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:27

I think we are allowed to shoot people who make Australia look that bad..

Nashy, want to join me?

She got 18 months in total >.< Still not enough.

#10 Gary2MBz

Gary2MBz

Sneakier than your worst nightmare.

• 1,611 posts
  • Phone: AT&T iPhone 6+ 64GB - Space Gray

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:29

Can she like...uhhh...get locked up 25 - life? And I thought the cyclists along with idiots texting in Priuses was bad here in Los Angeles. Bikes need to stay in their lanes, and text addicts need to park their asses out of the way because they tend to create more traffic anyways.

My sympathies to that gentleman and his wife, I hope this turd nugget gets eaten by dingos.

#11 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,938 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:32

I can understand people not realising how dangerous using a mobile phone is while driving, as most of the time they'll probably be able to get away with it, but to show no remorse is absolutely unacceptable. She needs a serious jail sentence, as she is clearly a menace to society.

#12 Slarlac249

Slarlac249

Conquest FTW!

• 4,483 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:45

on the way home from the party, wraps car round tree, all her friends die, she lives but just brushes it off and says "i broke a nail".

could happen, sounds like the type of person.

#13 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• 7,457 posts
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:51

Double the sentence for "Dangerous lack of intelligence"

#14 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

• 4,190 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:32

If you have that little regard for human life then you shouldn`t be on the roads.

What if she killed him?

Sorry but if the punishment does not change the attitude then the punishment either continues until such time it does or it should be a much more severe punishment.

Give her, her license and ban her from owning any electronic device capable of communication, no phone, no net, no gps or radio. FOR LIFE!!

#15 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,322 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:42

Reminds me of a case that happened here in England. A drunk van driver knocked down and killed a cyclist, but didn't stop until later to check out the damage to his van. He then continued on. 

8 years imprisonment. What a joke.

If you have that little regard for human life then you shouldn`t be on the roads.

What if she killed him?

Sorry but if the punishment does not change the attitude then the punishment either continues until such time it does or it should be a much more severe punishment.

Give her, her license and ban her from owning any electronic device capable of communication, no phone, no net, no gps or radio. FOR LIFE!!

That wouldn't solve anything though would it. The problem is the use of technology whilst driving, not use of technology full stop. 

The problem is that she doesn't take her responsibilities as a driver seriously, so banning her from driving for a long time is the obvious appropriate punishment.