Texting Driver Who Slammed Cyclist: I, Like, 'Just Don't Care'

In Osaka, cyclists text while riding their bikes on the wrong side of a busy road. I've even seen people reading whilst riding their bikes.

I'm a cyclist too; fortunately I know what I am doing.

I'm in a minority in my thoughts, but as a pilot I need to be evaluated for 2 days in a simulator every 6 months to ensure I'm competent. As a driver myself, I find it hard to believe that somebody can get their license at 17 and never need to be tested on it again. I firmly believe that drivers should have a driving test biannually, at least (I would prefer annually but I'm sure costs would be prohibitive). If you need your license for your job your employer can pay for it, otherwise I see no reason why drivers should not have to pay for a driving test every 2 years. Like my pilots license, a driving license should be a privilege, not a right, and you should have to show that you are capable of exercising those privileges in a competent manner in order to hold said license. I honestly believe it would save countless lives. I'm sick of people thinking they're great drivers when they don't even know how to use indicators at a roundabout.

As for cyclists... they should require a license and their bikes should be registered and displaying a plate. Their anonymity is probably the biggest reason for their frequent disregard of the law.

The story beggars belief. How much of a vile person must you be to have that sort of outlook on life. Unbelievable. 

I'm in a minority in my thoughts, but as a pilot I need to be evaluated for 2 days in a simulator every 6 months to ensure I'm competent. As a driver myself, I find it hard to believe that somebody can get their license at 17 and never need to be tested on it again. I firmly believe that drivers should have a driving test biannually, at least (I would prefer annually but I'm sure costs would be prohibitive).

I agree that drivers should be tested every x months. Annually is too over the top.

As for cyclists... they should require a license and their bikes should be registered and displaying a plate. Their anonymity is probably the biggest reason for their frequent disregard of the law.

Again completely over the top. Are you gonna make little 5 year old jimmy pass a cyclist test? Come on man.

As to registering bikes, too much paperwork. At best, if its gonna be used on a large public road out of city limits.