New PC Build

pc build

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 noobzd

noobzd

Neowinian

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:34

hi guys im new on this so dont be mean to me....

im planning to buy a new pc, is this build good for next 5 to 6 years of using for mostly photoshop, illustrator, 3d studio max and gaming (mostly league of legends) and other games....

will this conf work fine no issues ?

IM NOT INTERESTED IN OVERCLOCK !!!

this is confg:

psu - intel I5 4670k

psu cooler - corsair 100i

memory - corsair vengeance 16gb (2x8)  (CMZ16GX3M2A1866C10R)  red edition

card - asus ge force gtx 780 3gb

mother board - asus gryphon z 87

SSD - samsung 840 EVO 250GB  (MZ-7TE250BW)

power supply - corsair 750rm 80+gold

im planning to get corsair case fans:

- two 140 mm AF series quiet edition high airflow - front ( LED )

- two 120 mm SP series quiet edition hihg airflow - top (change standard fans of h100i )

- one 120 mm AF series quiet edition high airflow - back (exhaust) (LED)

and some good led lightining for ''case tuning'' XD

#2 Haggis

Haggis

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 13
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (i9305)

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:39

If your not gonna over clock then i would not bother with the K processor, and i would just stick with the standard cooler

#3 OP noobzd

noobzd

Neowinian

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:40

so its good to take just i5 procesor ?

#4 +snaphat (Myles Landwehr)

snaphat (Myles Landwehr)

Electrical & Computer Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 29
  • Phone: dumb phone

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:45

If your not gonna over clock then i would not bother with the K processor, and i would just stick with the standard cooler

Just a side note, OP, I would amend this to say only go with the k processor if it is cheaper; otherwise, don't bother.

#5 JJ_

JJ_

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:46

A gentle note that the Intel i5 is a CPU (processor in layman's terms).

I think all those parts are compatible. Like Haggis suggested, the Corsair 100i water cooler will be an overkill/useless if you are not planning on over-clocking. The cooler that comes with the CPU will suffice

so its good to take just i5 procesor ?

The k signifies an unlocked multiplier, in layman's terms, the k version is better for overclocking.

#6 OP noobzd

noobzd

Neowinian

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:47

in my country K procesor is more expensive lets see about 30dollars more...
about this h100i colling - if i get K procesoor then take the h100i ,and no K no h100 ? whats other cooling except h100i ?

#7 Krome

Krome

Neowinian God!

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:49

Just a small note.. I've heard a lot about Noctua fans... they are much more quieter than other brands... Yeah the looks are unpleasant but it's a bit more quiet...

#8 OP noobzd

noobzd

Neowinian

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:51

then to take 4 140mm fans ( 2 front and 2 top fans ? and some coolermaster air cpu cooler and i5?

ps. im really noob about pc parts ...just looking for some info...

#9 JJ_

JJ_

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 20 April 2014 - 18:54

in my country K procesor is more expensive lets see about 30dollars more...
about this h100i colling - if i get K procesoor then take the h100i ,and no K no h100 ? whats other cooling except h100i ?

The Intel cooler which comes with the CPU will be fine. Seeing as you won't be overclocking, buying an aftermarket cooler will be a waste of money.

Just a small note.. I've heard a lot about Noctua fans... they are much more quieter than other brands... Yeah the looks are unpleasant but it's a bit more quiet...

I have the NH-D14 for my overclock. The fans were definitely not quiet without the ULNA adapters.

#10 OP noobzd

noobzd

Neowinian

Posted 20 April 2014 - 19:01

so what i heard: take the i5 and no h100i?

so it will be fine to take 4 140mm fans top and front and one 120mm exhaust fan ? can i put 5 fans with grpyhon mobo ?

#11 sinetheo

sinetheo

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 20 April 2014 - 19:37

The big question

What are you going to use this for? It doesn't make sense to have a video card with 3 gigs of ram if you are not doing 4k video editing or cad work but can't afford the pricey workstation grade GPUs.

If gaming then lower the video card requirement and use the cash to up to a low end i7 for the same price. A 770 with 1 gig will be quite happy at 1080p.will work about as good as there is no way you will saturate the ram with 1080p work.

#12 OP noobzd

noobzd

Neowinian

Posted 20 April 2014 - 19:43

i will mostly use for photoshop, illustrator and 3dstudio max and for palying games ( im not a hard core gamer)
im hoping to have a pc for next 5, 6 maybe 7 years with no problems and no upgrades...

and buying 2 monitors

#13 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 20 April 2014 - 19:56

i will mostly use for photoshop, illustrator and 3dstudio max and for palying games ( im not a hard core gamer)
im hoping to have a pc for next 5, 6 maybe 7 years with no problems and no upgrades...

and buying 2 monitors

I would wait, or get the cheapest proc and mobo that suits your needs. If you are big on Photoshop, Illustrator, and 3D SMax, you'll probably want to upgrade to a DDR4 board and corresponding processor upgrade. You're going to want the density of DDR4. SSD, fast processor and you won't need to upgrade but with DDR4 you should be able to get 64GB on your desktop for the apps you mentioned and will be happy for several years. You can get 32GB now, but in the same space with DDR 4 you'll get 64GB or more in the same space by year's end. I'd wait and save, or do a modest upgrade planning to upgrade again in about a year.

I have 16GB and i7 3770k and except for more memory, I won't need to upgrade for at least a few years. I can always use more memory, for VMs, and with DX12, the GTX 760 I have has a lot of life left in it, and by that time I'll pick up a 780 on the cheap.

#14 OP noobzd

noobzd

Neowinian

Posted 20 April 2014 - 20:12

and what would be a good confg thne ?

#15 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• Tech Issues Solved: 12

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:35

If you're not interested in overclocking, why are you choosing the only overclockable i5 and a high-performance custom cooling solution? Just get a regular (non-K) CPU ("PSU" means "power supply unit" btw) and use the stock cooler, it'll do just fine and you can keep the money for useful things.

The ASUS Gryphon is a strange motherboard choice; why Micro-ATX? Why are you paying a premium for a TUF-series motherboard instead of going for a more regular, less expensive model?

The whole focus on cooling and case fans seems out of place given that you're not overclocking anything.

The GTX 780 is a very strong and very expensive video card, definitely overkill for LOL even at very high resolutions.

Not sure what the "Corsair 750rm" is...

Given your use case, so far, I would recommend something along these lines:

Case: Fractal R4

CPU: i5 4430

Motherboard: Cheap H81 board like the MSI H81M-P33 V2

Video card: R9 270 or GTX 760

RAM: 8-16GB DDR3-1600 (16GB would mainly be useful for working with high-resolution images in Photoshop)