david moyes sacked manchester united

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 JJ_

JJ_

Neowinian

• 755 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 00:10

The end is nigh, media has been awash with reports that he will be fired, some reports say it is to be announced today

David Moyes will be sacked as Manchester United manager on Tuesday after the club’s owners, the Glazer family, decided to end the Scot’s disastrous tenure at Old Trafford.

Ryan Giggs, with Nicky Butt as his assistant, will take charge until the end of the season. Giggs has served as player-coach under Moyes while Butt has worked with the reserves.

The Glazers have handed executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward the mandate to dismiss Moyes less than 12 months into his £4million-a-year, six-year contract after United’s defeat at Everton on Sunday confirmed their failure to qualify for next season’s Champions League.

Moyes is likely to receive compensation of one year’s salary rather than the remaining five years of his deal, with key performance targets having been missed in United’s worst ­campaign for almost a quarter of a century. He will be forced to endure the humiliation of reporting for training before the formalities of his departure are completed.

Source: Telegraph

#2 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,761 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 00:12

Nicky Butt 

channeling my inner 12 year old  :rofl:

#3 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,149 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 00:12

The fact they have said nothing is kinda telling...

#4 OP JJ_

JJ_

Neowinian

• 755 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 00:15

Nail on head moment there which the BBC picked up on too. I hope the next appointment is carefully considered, a calm, level headed figure is needed. This guy comes to mind

#5 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 120,563 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:07

I still can't believe Fergie kinda hand picked Moyes :/

#6 OP JJ_

JJ_

Neowinian

• 755 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:35

I think at the time no one really questioned the decision because Ferguson was so highly regarded. talkSPORT haven't changed topic tonight, a good listen for anyone who is still up

http://talksport.com/radioplayer/live/

#7 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• 23,488 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:36

It's official: David Moyes has been sacked.

http://www.bbc.com/s...otball/27107795

#8 dipsylalapo

dipsylalapo

Neowinian

• 1,209 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:54

Yeah I've just come into work and seen this. He hasn't performed at all this season, and in this day and age they need results. 

Klopp is favourite to replace him, and he'd be a damn good manager.

#9 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• 23,488 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:57

Yeah I've just come into work and seen this. He hasn't performed at all this season, and in this day and age they need results. 

Klopp is favourite to replace him, and he'd be a damn good manager.

I don't see Jürgen Klopp leaving Borussia Dortmund anytime soon.

#10 calimike

calimike

Neowinian

• 823 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:57

Strong headline featuring on Daily Star's Tuesday front page.

moyes-axed-238432.jpg

#11 Fahim S.

Fahim S.

Neowinian Senior

• 2,968 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4 16GB by LG

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:58

^^ this!

It's a shame in my opinion.  As much as I want to see United fail (Arsenal fan here), I would liked to have known what he would have done next season when he had more of a chance to build his own team.

Anyway, seems United are joining the managerial merry-go-round of most other clubs in the EPL and demonstrating no patience whatsoever.

#12 calimike

calimike

Neowinian

• 823 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:09

Breaking News: SkySports reported Ryan Giggs will be named as interim manager of Manchester United.

#13 dipsylalapo

dipsylalapo

Neowinian

• 1,209 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:14

Me either, just surprised to hear that. Van Gaal is also in the mix.

Breaking News: SkySports reported Ryan Giggs will be named as interim manager of Manchester United.

So he's now player, coach and interim manager? 

#14 OP JJ_

JJ_

Neowinian

• 755 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:29

^^ this!

It's a shame in my opinion. As much as I want to see United fail (Arsenal fan here), I would liked to have known what he would have done next season when he had more of a chance to build his own team.

Anyway, seems United are joining the managerial merry-go-round of most other clubs in the EPL and demonstrating no patience whatsoever.

Football is a results driven business. Are you honestly telling me that if the tables were turned with Arsenal having won the PL (however hard that is to imagine), Arsene retired and the new manager was breaking records for all the wrong reasons, would you want to keep him in?

#15 Fahim S.

Fahim S.

Neowinian Senior

• 2,968 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4 16GB by LG

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:34

Football is a results driven business. Are you honestly telling me that if the tables were turned with Arsenal having won the PL (however hard that is to imagine), Arsene retired and the new manager was breaking records for all the wrong reasons, would you want to keep him in?

Absolutely - because it takes time for a manager to develop a style in the team that they are joining, to get the right type of staff etc.etc.

Fergie was an exceptional manager, one of maybe 5 in the world (others would in my opinion be Mourinho, Wenger, Guardiola and Loew), but wasn't that when he joined United - he became that at United.   You aren't going to get an exceptional manager you have to create one - the same will be required at Arsenal and I for one hope that we have the patience for it.