Opera 12.17 Security fix out

Good gestures IMO...

Opera 12.17 for Windows is out...

As discussed in our blog post about Heartbleed, the standalone autoupdater for Opera 12 on Windows was vulnerable to a Heartbleed attack from someone who would be in possession of a valid Opera certificate. While fixing this, we also found another issue with our autoupdate on Windows which might be exploited by someone in possession of such a certificate. Successful exploitation, which would require using a third, unrelated bug on Windows, could allow a mischievous man in the middle to run arbitrary code on the computer. Opera 12.17 is therefore a recommended security upgrade on Windows. While it is unlikely that someone has gained access to a certificate of ours, we cannot rule out that some foreign intelligence agency has done so, and we want to be on the safe side.

Source

People actually still use Opera? Since it uses Webkit they may as well just use Chromium.

Opera 12.xx is still using Presto engine...

I have to say that even now, nothing on market compares to Opera 11-12 as far as features, customisation and UI responsivnes go and while a certain % of sites have removed Opera from the list of supported browsers, it is still my default...and sadly I can't see any other browser changing that in not so near future....maybe Otter Browser has a shot.