5 stages of a malware attack

"I don't use an Antivirus, because I'm smart about what I do. I don't go to bad sites, or open bad files"

How many times have you heard that one here?

Sandboxing FTW!

• Like 3

"I don't use an Antivirus, because I'm smart about what I do. I don't go to bad sites, or open bad files"

Sandboxing FTW!

More times that i would like, and they usually tell me, oh i do not use the internet that often on my computer its impossible that i have a virus/malware. and you do a scan and it has hundreds of infected files.

• Like 2

It`s all good and well using an AV (the performance hit is now pretty much negligible) but they only help if the malware sig is contained in the vdf or it`s picked up via heuristics. And as we see so many times malware (or the c+c server) evades AV`s for a good number of days usually!

A layered approach is much more effective, though nothing is 100%...

IT'S OK - I run Firefox on Windows XP! I'll never be infected! :D

It's a hell of a lot safer than using IE :D

Sandboxing FTW!

One of the common phrase I normally hear from people is:

"They can hack in my computer.  I got nothing for them to steal."

I know so many antiviruses wich report your malware as deleted and that little hacker-made-program will continue to run in the background.

+warwagon you have been selected to win a 1000,000 $ prize!!! click here to cla-...