Surprise box from Amazon arrived at my home... what it could be?

I thought this was going to be one of warwagon's guessing games again, but then I noticed that he wasn't the OP. :laugh:

lol -1/10 warwagons to you Sir.

How much did you pay for it? I ended up getting a Gen8 for $349 and I'm going to upgrade the cpu later to the Xeon E3 when its affordable. Right it'll make for a perfect FreeNAS box as a backup to my ISCSI Promise Raid

total (vat, shipping and price) was 202?; quite cheap because the same server but diskless and with even less memory is on sale in my own country for almost double of what i paid for.

Anyways i think the Gen8 is overkill for must of the people and the price isn't quite attractive. Also i'm not gonna use RAID but disk pooling.

lol -1/10 warwagons to you Sir.

total (vat, shipping and price) was 202?; quite cheap because the same server but diskless and with even less memory is on sale in my own country for almost double of what i paid for.

Anyways i think the Gen8 is overkill for must of the people and the price isn't quite attractive. Also i'm not gonna use RAID but disk pooling.

I agree with you. I looked for a N54 and found one for 299 and 399. Comparatively the Gen8 looked better to me. I plan on setting the raid card to JBOD and using ZFS. I plan on running FreeNAS on it right away.