Google+ is done for

IMO, Google+ became a failure because Google tried to force it down everyone's throats with the forced integration BS and deep linking with YouTube.

Terrible terrible idea.  Sure, offer the integration features... But once a user says no, bloody well respect their decision!

yeah, unfortunately respecting users decision are not part of google policy.

I already a registered YouTube user before google buy'em, then google want to replace my original YT name with info that I used for other google accounts.

I said no, but google keep asking me the very same question every once in a while.

And thats happens before forced google+ integration.

• Like 1

Not so sure, since they will still keep the user system as a google account like system for universal google login, and most likely comments. 

Yeah, but if Google+ is discontinued then that means that people can post comments again since the requirement is essentially gone. Plus, Google accounts had already been integrated into YouTube long before Google+ existed.

I don't get what is with the hate of Google+ on YouTube. Well I don't use the YouTube comment system at all so I won't understand so correct me if I am wrong.

I thought it was all the YouTube account was actually a Google account (Except if you create before Google bought over YouTube) and when you have a Google account pretty much you have a Google+ account?

Ya know what, if more of my friends used G+ I'd ditch FB altogether.  I actually like the way it looks, feels, and works better than Facebook.  Facebook is so bloated any more it's ridiculous.

Edit: My only complaint is that when they force integrated it with YouTube, they just created a separate channel for my G+ username, so now when I go to YouTube I have to double check and make sure I'm on my YouTube account, and when I use G+ I have to make sure I'm on my personal name since that's where all my circles and stuff are.  They made two different "names" under my same Google account that I can switch between, a bit annoying.

1200 people worked on Google+, wow. How can it still suck so much.

the amount of people put on a project doesn't make it automatically a hit project. it could be spun that many people working on it could also be seen as a waste of resources

Google+ started off good, and forced facebook to make some fundamental changes (i.e copy) to their system, but once that happened, G+ lost pretty much any steam it had going for it.

Google+ started off good, and forced facebook to make some fundamental changes (i.e copy) to their system, but once that happened, G+ lost pretty much any steam it had going for it.

Copy what system ? if you say groups/circles, FB already had groups. the only thing they changed was making permissions more visible. which would have happened anyway as it had already happened several times before, as part of gradual change and evolution.