PS4 Firmware 1.76

Has it been fixed? Was still getting the cannot save notices for Wolfenstein and Transistor after restarting post-update.

Hmm, well I hadn't tried it out myself yet, so maybe its not completely fixed. Or maybe it will also require some kind of update for each game that a developer has to issue. Surely not though since that would be a mess.

Strange thing happened to my PS4 when trying to update. It downloaded and when i went through the install procedure and it told me it would update after restarting like usual. But when the PS4 turned off it wouldn't turn back on again. I left it unplugged for about an hour and when i plugged it back in it started fine. Is my PS4 dodgy or something that happens sometimes?

Anyone have the direct link to the firmware so I can use a flash drive to install?

Long story short my ps4 won't let me install anything on the "new" hard drive I put in but 1.71+. The hard drive had 1.7 on it before.

So I need to find the download and I cant. the one I downloaded yesterday was 1.7.

Anyone have the direct link to the firmware so I can use a flash drive to install?

Long story short my ps4 won't let me install anything on the "new" hard drive I put in but 1.71+. The hard drive had 1.7 on it before.

So I need to find the download and I cant. the one I downloaded yesterday was 1.7.

Can't find a download link yet, 1.71 looks to have only been released in incremental format so far, not a full download.

Sorry if this is a daft question, but can you not put the old hard drive back in and update to 1.71 first?

Can't find a download link yet, 1.71 looks to have only been released in incremental format so far, not a full download.

Sorry if this is a daft question, but can you not put the old hard drive back in and update to 1.71 first?

The old hard drive is on 1.71. I was forced to update to connect to psn to upload my saves. I really didn't want to but had no external devices to backup to. I didn't realize it would cause me more pain later.

So I upgraded, connected to psn uploaded saves and turned off ps4. Put my old upgraded(1TB) hard drive I got back from Sony in. It was wiped so I had the firmware on a flash drive. It says failed to use the update file.

I then went into safe mode manually, reinitialized my PS4 and tried it again. Now it told me I can only use update files that are 1.71 or later.

This is frustrating because I'm assuming there's on board storage that gets altered during every system update. I wish this wasn't the case because I should've just been able to put a hard drive in with whatever system software and then be forced to upgrade like normal.

Now it looks like I don't have my ps4 until the update goes live online.

The old hard drive is on 1.71. I was forced to update to connect to psn to upload my saves. I really didn't want to but had no external devices to backup to. I didn't realize it would cause me more pain later.

So I upgraded, connected to psn uploaded saves and turned off ps4. Put my old upgraded(1TB) hard drive I got back from Sony in. It was wiped so I had the firmware on a flash drive. It says failed to use the update file.

I then went into safe mode manually, reinitialized my PS4 and tried it again. Now it told me I can only use update files that are 1.71 or later.

This is frustrating because I'm assuming there's on board storage that gets altered during every system update. I wish this wasn't the case because I should've just been able to put a hard drive in with whatever system software and then be forced to upgrade like normal.

Now it looks like I don't have my ps4 until the update goes live online.

http://dus01.ps4.update.playstation.net/update/ps4/image/2014_0528/sys_ce90f2e9274e4614ffde6934e08e4b6e/PS4UPDATE.PUP?dest=us

No luck. Looks like I need to wait for the full image of 1.71 to be published. Should be about 800 megs like most updates.

Thansk for your help AB

Update is officially Published on Sony. Looks like I got someones attention when I tweeted Playstation and YOSP about being told to wait 2-3 days without my PS4 after waiting 2-3 weeks without it.

http://dus01.ps4.update.playstation.net/update/ps4/image/2014_0528/rec_7f84e2f63d1f6a5b4348bb528b35f2d7/PS4UPDATE.PUP

I can honestly say i haven't been too pleased with sony's service, but at least I'm back online. Also for the lost time, I'm not getting my PSN back or a 7 day or 30 day card. Microsoft at least sends you a month of live.

Hmm, well I hadn't tried it out myself yet, so maybe its not completely fixed. Or maybe it will also require some kind of update for each game that a developer has to issue. Surely not though since that would be a mess.

Sorry for the delay in replying - but as you prob know by now, it has been completely fixed. No more cannot upload notices, which is great.

• 2 weeks later...

Sonys PS4 updates are for the most part a complete joke. The only update of substance was 1.7 and even that only had lots of very minor changes. Still massive core features they announced nearly a year and a half ago now are still missing.

I get the feeling Sony keep pushing out these 'stability' updates just to keep pace with Microsoft and their monthly releases, difference being they actually add things users will notice each time.

I've no issues with the updates. I'm happy with my ps4 as it is. A powerhouse games console.

TV and media and all the rest can take a hike.

I've no issues with the updates. I'm happy with my ps4 as it is. A powerhouse games console.

TV and media and all the rest can take a hike.

I'm not interested in TV etc but I would like to see features such as 'controller share' and suspend mode, which they announced nearly a year and a half ago.

Or even features that were on the PS3 such as proper friend notifications.

These mysterious micro updates where they don't even tell you what has changed are a complete waste of time.

Waste of time for who? Just because they don't list what is being updated makes them a waste of time?

OK.

PS4 FW updates have been pretty dire since launch. Sure everything works fine, but FFS get some more features rolling out.

I was disappointed we can't have themes, or even download avatars. Was hoping for something announced at E3, lacking a PS3 the picture selection is pretty dire. 

• 4 weeks later...

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

They have got to be yanking our chains now :/  What are they even doing there? Did they just fire their software team after launch? 

Not even friend notifications? There was talk that that feature was done prior to 1.70 and was dropped for an unknown reason :/

They have got to be yanking our chains now :/  What are they even doing there? Did they just fire their software team after launch? 

Not even friend notifications? There was talk that that feature was done prior to 1.70 and was dropped for an unknown reason :/

Too busy laughing their arses off, swimming in piles of money :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...