Program for increasing audio volume from ripped Blu-ray?

Anyone have suggestions for increasing audio volume from a ripped Blu-ray file? I've tried increasing it via Handbrake's gain field, but it results in massive distortion for even minor gains. Similarly, I've tried eac3to, but for some reason every time I use the command prompt to increase the volume (+Xdb), it will revert itself on the second pass through. RipBot264 has also been relatively unsuccessful with its normalize increase. Obviously I'm modifying the entire file with Handbrake and RipBot, but only the audio portion in eac3to.

Any suggestions?

I'd assume your level problems are probably due to your playback device's channel mixing. Try running the audio stream through ac3filter to tweak your input channel levels. When I was using stereo speakers for playback from 7.1 sources, I always had to bump the centre channel quite a bit to make dialogue audible.

• 1 month later...

Anyone have suggestions for increasing audio volume from a ripped Blu-ray file? I've tried increasing it via Handbrake's gain field, but it results in massive distortion for even minor gains. Similarly, I've tried eac3to, but for some reason every time I use the command prompt to increase the volume (+Xdb), it will revert itself on the second pass through. RipBot264 has also been relatively unsuccessful with its normalize increase. Obviously I'm modifying the entire file with Handbrake and RipBot, but only the audio portion in eac3to.

Any suggestions?

Are you planning on watching the Blu-ray on your PC? LAV Filters does a very good job of downmixing to Stereo as long as you disable the "clipping protection" as that can dynamically lower the volume.