Photo

Well there goes flickr.

54 replies to this topic

#46 Northgrove

Northgrove

Philosophizing Developer

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 03 August 2014 - 18:15

I already have a Flickr account, so no worries here.

I wouldn't have doubted to get one if not. I find it a useful and nice platform for amateur photographers, with a huge community.

I also use it as a free 1 TB photo host for my blog. Flickr supports direct image links as well as a photo gallery feature that can be embedded in blogs.

#47 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 03 August 2014 - 19:12

Link the photos along with new one... like this:

my new flickr album | my old flickr album

and on your page, explain about the old account to the users about unable to recover the password. so they will understand.

Or you can grab photos from your old album and upload into the new one.

Ok, maybe you can help me. I have no idea what you mean about linking albums. I can't access my old albums. I wanted to download the photos so I can put it on my NAS and host them somewhere for friends and family to view. 

#48 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 03 August 2014 - 19:28

Ok, maybe you can help me. I have no idea what you mean about linking albums. I can't access my old albums. I wanted to download the photos so I can put it on my NAS and host them somewhere for friends and family to view. 

I mean about the linking album...  if your friends/family want to see your old album... you can send them a old link...(or add links on your blog/website)  for example:

flickr.com/youroldusername

then and add the new album link like this:

flickr.com/yournewusername  

The old album, don't worry about the login,  just view the photos like public.. save the photos onto your system as long as you don't have them as private.

If you have a link to your old album and I will grab photos out and send them to you if you want me to.

#49 +FiB3R

FiB3R

aka DARKFiB3R

• Phone: Lumia 930

Posted 03 August 2014 - 19:42

Just signed up for another Yahoo account, just for flickr.

Couldn't give two ##### tbh :)

#50 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 03 August 2014 - 20:03

I mean about the linking album...  if your friends/family want to see your old album... you can send them a old link...(or add links on your blog/website)  for example:

flickr.com/youroldusername

then and add the new album link like this:

flickr.com/yournewusername  

The old album, don't worry about the login,  just view the photos like public.. save the photos onto your system as long as you don't have them as private.

If you have a link to your old album and I will grab photos out and send them to you if you want me to.

I'm at the airport right now but I'll check it out when I land later and get to the hotel.  Thanks!

#51 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 August 2014 - 20:07

I'm at the airport right now but I'll check it out when I land later and get to the hotel.  Thanks!

No problem.. Have a safe flight!

#52 OP Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 August 2014 - 21:00

So I forget my yahoo username (I made one just for flickr). And never set up the text messages for account verification. I'll have to figure out later today how hard it will be to figure out. I also forget which email I used to send yahoo stuff to. So I'll have to enter them all.

#53 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

Posted 04 August 2014 - 13:05

So I forget my yahoo username (I made one just for flickr). And never set up the text messages for account verification. I'll have to figure out later today how hard it will be to figure out. I also forget which email I used to send yahoo stuff to. So I'll have to enter them all.

You should use a password manager :laugh:

#54 OP Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 August 2014 - 13:10

You should use a password manager :laugh:

Indeed,  I have one, I just never use it haha.  

#55 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• OS: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, OSX, iOS, Android, WP8 and various Linux distro's
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 04 August 2014 - 13:14

I'm all for this and we all knew it was going to happen eventually, just like it will with every site out there.

Don't keep all your eggs in one basket.

I'd personally much rather have very separate distinct logins for all my different site memberships.