#46 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:03

http://blog.us.plays...e-1-50-details/

Added a bunch of features.

Unlike the Xbox One you didn't need to download it to use the PS4 and the download could run in the background if you were connected to the internet while using/playing on the PS4.

Looks like you couldn't play online without the patch. So not just some bunch of features.

#47 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 30 April 2014 - 22:20

here are the real statements without the sensationalism

"Xbox One has sold in over 5 million units since launch and engagement has been high with users spending nearly 5 hours per day on their console," said Hoot. "We will continue to extend the unique entertainment value proposition of Xbox One, particularly in markets outside of the U.S. where some services aren’t as mature.

Xbox 360 sales exceeded our expectations this quarter. And across the platform, Xbox Live members continued to embrace the service with transactional revenue growing 17%. We do expect to work through some inventory in Q4.

"Devices and Consumer licensing, we expect [Q4] revenue to be $4.1 billion to $4.3 billion. In hardware, we expect revenue to be $1.3 billion to $1.5 billion in what is a seasonally slower hardware quarter.

"This number also reflects channel inventory drawdown for Xbox consoles. In devices and consumer other, we expect revenue to be about $1.9 billion."

#48 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 30 April 2014 - 22:48

Weaker hardware for a significantly higher price than the ps4

Worse multiplatform titles due to that hardware

Kinect whether you want it or not

No worthwhile exclusive titles for nearly the whole year before, maybe, the fall season

The damage microsoft did to themselves with their mess of a reveal

Those could be a few things.

1. Fair

2. Fair for now but not as big of a deal in reality as it is on paper.

3. Not required to be connected, so I guess you are talking about price. If they sold the Xbox One for $399, would you still complain about the Kinect if they're essentially including it for free?

4. Opinion, not fact.

5. This is probably the biggest culprit, besides price.

#49 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 April 2014 - 23:06

here are the real statements without the sensationalism

:laugh: wow. Not even close to what the article or OP portrayed.

#50 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 30 April 2014 - 23:26

Topic cleaned. Reminder to you all:

Do not flame any member directly or indirectly, no matter how right or wrong you believe that member to be.

Do not call out another member by name in a negative fashion. Even if you just want to say, "I told you so" to somebody specifically, do not do it. This sort of behavior can and will cause a snowball effect of flaming and simply cannot be tolerated.

http://www.neowin.ne...ost&p=596376595

#51 Emn1ty

Emn1ty

Web Programmer

• Phone: Driod Razr

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:51

All I see as a potential buyer is that there're no games yet that would tear me away from my PC.

They're sitting on a whole lot of nothing so far.

Both of them are. This generation can be summed up by:

Do you like inFamous?
- Yes -> Buy PS4
- No -> Don't buy anything.

#52 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:47

4. Opinion, not fact.

The lineup throughout most of this year is no opinion, it's fact. Feel free to look it up yourself.

#53 abecedarian paradoxious

abecedarian paradoxious

cell tech

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:33

Inventory draw down could also mean transferring to other markets. Anyone in purchasing / sales knows that.

#54 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 May 2014 - 13:00

The lineup throughout most of this year is no opinion, it's fact. Feel free to look it up yourself.

Whether or not something is worthwhile is an opinion, not a fact. There are exclusives, and some of them may be worthwhile to some people.

#55 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 01 May 2014 - 13:13

Whether or not something is worthwhile is an opinion, not a fact. There are exclusives, and some of them may be worthwhile to some people.

There's exclusives, with an s? Last i checked the only one that had a date(which has come and gone) was kinect sports, which is hardly a system seller. Anything else exclusive i can think of is still a "maybe in 2014" title.