Ok so I just plugged this bad boy into my ati 6950 and it's ok...
The good :
1) I love the colors, it's a beautiful TN panel. Side to side viewing angle is good. Up and down isn't great but the stand is so adjustable that it works out great.
2) Text is so sharp! I have never looked at so many excel cells in one view. it's amazing for those of us that need massive spreadsheets in front of us.
3) I got ride of my other monitors. this beauty is like 4 x 1080s. my desktop loves me.
here is the catch....
i am REALLY noticing the 30hz thing... I guess I have never not had 60 and 30 on such a high res screen is way noticeable. Factors that contribute:
1) You have to make your mouse move around faster so you can get around the large display. Faster and 30hz just looks terrible and feels laaaaggggy.
2) because everything is so large, closing a full sized window takes a good second. at 30hz you really see that thing lagging.
Please tell me about your experience. I am close to returning this thing and waiting for a decent 60hz 4k with a nice, adjustable stand.