2 replies to this topic

#1 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:36

Apple Updates MacBook Airs with Faster Haswell Processors and $100 Price Drop

As indicated last week and yesterday, Apple today launched updated MacBook Airs, which feature faster versions of Intel's Haswell processors at $100 less for each model.

apple_uk_new_mba_m14-800x457.png

All standard models of the 11-inch and 13-inch MacBook Air now come with a faster 1.4 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor along with the same 4GB of RAM. Both entry-level configurations of the 11-inch and 13-inch models now sell for $899 and $999 with 128GB of flash storage, while the higher-end 11-inch and 13-inch models now come in at $1099 and $1199 with 256GB of flash storage, respectively.

Build-to-order options include a 1.7 GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 processor with up to 8GB of RAM on both the 11-inch and 13-inch MacBook Airs.

Apple is also rumored to be working on a 12-inch MacBook with a new ultra-slim design and a high resolution Retina display for later this year.

The updated 11-inch and 13-inch MacBook Airs are available today through Apple's various retail locations and online store, with all standard configurations showing availability of "within 24 hours."

Source: Mac Rumours

#2 Hurmoth

Hurmoth

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 30 April 2014 - 17:06

I wonder why they decided to drop the price? Minor spec bumps are normal without an Apple event, but they don't typically drop the price like this without it being a major event. Something they want want to make a big deal out of.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is great that they're doing that, but it does feel strangely out of place.

#3 typu

typu

Neowinian

Posted 30 April 2014 - 17:17

low res displays - maybe they wanna strengthen their line up a little against all the high res display competition.

actually im withholding buying a macbook air because of the display. next upgrade will fix that and then ill spend some money.