driveclub evolution studios sony computer entertainment ps4 sony

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 29 April 2014 - 14:38

October 8th, 2014 for those who can't watch it.

#2 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 29 April 2014 - 14:55

Given the graphical fidelity still being shown off (environments especially), I'm going to bet even if another year in the oven it'll still be 30FPS (or 30 unlocked). I couldn't see any cardboard trees, so no 60FPS :p

Also

WM4e6fS.png

and from their FB

Tomorrow we will share a detailed update on development and answer as many questions as we can from you all.

#3 Pusska In Boots

Pusska In Boots

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Sony Z1 Ultra

Posted 29 April 2014 - 15:18

Looks very nice. I hope that the extra time they needed pays off for them. I was considering picking up a 2nd PS4 at the end of the year with Killzone so looks like this jumps on to my wishlist.

#4 Polonium

Polonium

Neowinian

Posted 29 April 2014 - 19:10

Wow.. No 2d crowds or trees to be seen! Looks epic

#5 OP Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 29 April 2014 - 19:18

DriveClub PlayStation Plus Edition will still launch alongside the game

#6 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 29 April 2014 - 19:31

The game is looking good. Another nice 1080p/30 release. It and infamous show what can be done without worrying about hitting all the numbers.

Its pretty crazy to think how the team was able to pull off those visuals and at the same time not skimp on the environment.

#7 vetRadishTM

RadishTM

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 29 April 2014 - 20:24

Good to know Sony are still honouring this after the long delay (Y)

Sexy trailer is sexy.

#8 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:26

Looks very good, though a little too much like NFS Rivals for my liking. Will get it for sure, and for the record i like Forza 5 very much. The trees and cut out people don't bother me so much, it's the somewhat abominable lack of AA in the top half of the screen that gets to me. Weather and daytime are nice touches, but not critical for me. I love Forza's damage modeling, hope Driveclub has it too.

#9 0nyX

0nyX

Posting from Apple //c

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:23

I still don't like the physics (IMO in the trailer a car moves from point A to B in kind of a direct and sudden way) but i will wait for the full race vides they mentioned.

Also if the 30 fps is final then it is disappointing, although my personal preference would be FHD and actual next gen graphics like no 4D trees or any of the other unacceptable things still seen in modern racing games.

To conclude i think a company behind the Motorstorm series can not provide THE racing game but they are trying their best. We'll see if their best is good enough. 

#10 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:05

Hahahaha i see those trees from Forza really annoyed people! Should be retitled Forza 5: The Happening :rolleyes:

#11 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:11

Hahahaha i see those trees from Forza really annoyed people! Should be retitled Forza 5: The Happening :rolleyes:

People can't be talking about GT? Crappy environments in racing games have always annoyed people, feeling it's somehow tied to Forza only is  :s

#12 watkinsx2

watkinsx2

Neowinian

• Phone: HTC One/Lumia 920

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:19

Looks pretty! This and The Last of Us might tip me over the edge of buying a PS4.

#13 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:39

Going to wait to see the handling in this game. I wasn't too impressed with the focus of sliding/drifting in earlier gameplay trailers.

It does look pretty though.

#14 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 April 2014 - 13:37

People can't be talking about GT? Crappy environments in racing games have always annoyed people, feeling it's somehow tied to Forza only is  :s

Calm down sunshine, haven't played GT6 and haven't heard much complaints about it. Relax.

#15 duddit2

duddit2

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 April 2014 - 14:18

I still don't like the physics (IMO in the trailer a car moves from point A to B in kind of a direct and sudden way) but i will wait for the full race vides they mentioned.

Also if the 30 fps is final then it is disappointing, although my personal preference would be FHD and actual next gen graphics like no 4D trees or any of the other unacceptable things still seen in modern racing games.

To conclude i think a company behind the Motorstorm series can not provide THE racing game but they are trying their best. We'll see if their best is good enough. 

Wait, we have 4D trees now?

But seriously I hate them too, all too often I'm like 'man I'm bored racing, I wanna just stop the car and inspect the roadside foliage for a while' and then I'm like 'DAM FU MS XBONE VRAM, AHHHHHHHHHHH RAGE' when I see them 4D trees! ;)

Truly unacceptable for this day and age, truly.

(BTW I mean this to be funny, not having a dig, I know its a tiny mistake in your wording but I thought the rampant response would show the obvious humour intended to mock not you but the masses who flock to this conclusion like its biblical in nature).