Subway removes ham and bacon from nearly 200 UK stores

Halal slaughter and Kosher slaughter is the same.

It is not a sin to eat pork, I know many Muslims and Jews that eat pork.

I know many Muslims that drink intoxicating liquor.

As my mate Hussain says, ''it's if I choose to''.

So there you have it Charlie Brown, it's a matter of choice nothing to do with religion.

As for Pigs (Pork) where Islam originated from and where Judaism originated from there were no Pigs.

Nearest place is China (Asia), the wild boar and Europe, mainly Wild in the East and domesticated in the West.

You don't know any proper muslims then.

Eating any type meat derived from pigs is forbidden in Islam. Same goes for Alcohol.

But your mate "Hussain" is right - it is certainly his discretion.

I am all for the phrase, 'when in Rome'.

If I went to Saudi Arabia I would respect their customs and rules, as of any country.

the quoran states, you must respect others and you must follow the laws of that country and respect others beliefs.

Agreed.

Eating any type meat derived from pigs is forbidden in Islam. Same goes for Alcohol.

When I was at RAF Cosford, we had large numbers of Airmen from the Saudi Air Force. They were either 

1. Very well behaved and stuck to all the rules and religious rules

2. Spent all their money getting wasted, buying drugs and paying for hookers. 

Many Muslims behave just like Christians do, picking and choosing what parts of their Holy Book to follow. 

UK is slowly marching toward islamization and they have no brave leader anymore who can really stand for the people of England. Their appeasement policies toward minorities for the vote bank and clueless society will create great unrest among England when Muslim population start gaining enough majority. They all can live in as much denial as they want but it is not going to last forever. In fact whole Europe better wake up before its too late. I am glad  that I never thought to move there.

Agreed.

I grew up and was educated in London.

I knew plenty of Muslims.

I also know plenty of Muslims that do not go to the Mosque on a regular basis too.

From growing up in densely populated mixed cultural area you learn a lot about your mates and their cultures.

I knew plenty of Jews and plenty of Muslims that ate pork and drank alcohol.

The Muslims are proper Muslims.

Define a "proper Muslim".  Once you've done that, ask a Shiite and a Sunni to define a "proper Muslim" (if they can stand being in the same room without trying to kill each other for more than 5 seconds).

Compare all three answers; they'll all be different.

Animal welfare concerns must always override barbaric religious rituals.

Stunning an animal before slaughtering is not halal, as far as I'm aware. It's meant to be fully awake and aware its throat is being cut.  :x

If they want to pander to a minority population, that's their choice. Just as mine will be to no longer buy my lunch there.

This, I never got it.  They make the animal suffer more than western culture.

They do this a lot in Australia too.  It's a load of ######.  If you don't like the food in a western eatery, don't eat there.

Define a "proper Muslim".  Once you've done that, ask a Shiite and a Sunni to define a "proper Muslim" (if they can stand being in the same room without trying to kill each other for more than 5 seconds).

lol what are you on about

Jews were here hundreds of years before Islamics so why didn't they do it sooner?

Pandering to minorities sucks.

Subway will report soon the closing of each and everyone of their outlets.

Halal is the same as Kosher, so with the E.U. looking to ban it, what ill they then do? 

Also not eating pork is a personal choice has nothing to do with religion.

I know Muslims and Jews that drink and eat pork.

As a Jew one thing people get confused about is the purity laws and sins - eating pork isn't a sin but it does make you impure (along with a number of other things) but that being said if i don't want pork on my sub then guess what, I'll ask for it with no pork or purchase the sub that doesn't have pork on it in the first place.

Btw, with that being said, I'll put money on it that such outlets will only be in heavily Muslim populations where it makes businesses sense in the first place. There are already Halal KFC's, McDonalds etc. so this is hardly new - there is a demographic out there with money to spend so why not ensure that your business is able to serve them?

How does creeping sharia feel my European brothers? Isn't it time to close your borders and expel the temporary workers? Have you so thoroughly given up on western civilization that you're willing to give it up to people who believe in everything you oppose?

Just because you watch a lot of Sky News doesn't mean that the events in Iraq can be applied universally.

All types of Muslims, Sunni, Shia, Ahmadi, Salafi, etc, agree on the basic tenets of Islam; charity, prayer, fasting, Mohammad being the final prophet, etc. They differ on the deeper understanding of the rules. It's what you would call jurisprudence. The more overzealous of us refuse to take into account the views of these "other Muslims".

I don't really care if one drinks or does drugs and calls themselves Muslim. They may well be, but only a retard would take them as an example of a Muslim that adheres to the rulings of Islam.

How does creeping sharia feel my European brothers? Isn't it time to close your borders and expel the temporary workers? Have you so thoroughly given up on western civilization that you're willing to give it up to people who believe in everything you oppose?

Ha! You think that closing the borders and expelling temporary workers will do anything?

There are 5% Muslims in th UK. Not 40%, not 20%, but 5%. I see that Islamophobia is alive and well.

• Like 3

Just because you watch a lot of Sky News doesn't mean that the events in Iraq can be applied universally.

Warfare between sects/groups of Muslims aren't confined to Iraq.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1128422-official-religion-thread-iii/?view=findpost&p=596379285

That story is from Indonesia, so it's hardly honest to say hostility between groups is isolated or just down to "jurisprudence'.

• Like 2

I don't think I've -ever- watched Sky News...

Warfare between sects/groups of Muslims aren't confined to Iraq.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1128422-official-religion-thread-iii/?view=findpost&p=596379285

That story is from Indonesia, so it's hardly honest to say hostility between groups is isolated or just down to "jurisprudence'.

This, pretty much. They've been at each others throats for hundreds of years.

So there you have it Charlie Brown, it's a matter of choice nothing to do with religion.

As for Pigs (Pork) where Islam originated from and where Judaism originated from there were no Pigs.

Nearest place is China (Asia), the wild boar and Europe, mainly Wild in the East and domesticated in the West.

Your ignorance in the matter isn't worth responding too. I guess I've been practicing islam wrong for my whole life! :D peace out from this thread.

Your ignorance in the matter isn't worth responding too. I guess I've been practicing islam wrong for my whole life! :D peace out from this thread.

No you haven't. but neither has the ones who practice it different from you. just like all the people who practice wildly different version of christianity are still christians. 

You have to recognize peoples right to do things different without calling them "non muslim, because they don't do it right, like me". Their way is right for them, your way is right for you.

It's not exactly hard to figure that out... :rolleyes:

how did you come to that very general conclusion?  it's just that I find myself in that very situation nearly everyday and so far in my 40+ years never seen any violence. 

how did you come to that very general conclusion?  it's just that I find myself in that very situation nearly everyday and so far in my 40+ years never seen any violence. 

My experiences are not your experiences.

That is the stupidest thing I've heard. Halal and kosher can never be the same. Do you even know the definition of Halal? For a meat to be Halal, the foremost thing is that it must be slaughtered by a Muslim and in the name of Allah, i.e. by reciting Bismillah (In the name of God) followed by Allahu Akbar (God is the greatest) three times. And eating pork is not a sin? It is one of the explicitly forbidden substances in Islam. The word swine is mentioned not once, but five times in Quran (2:173, 5:3, 5:60, 6:145 and 16:115). It has been referred to as unclean, impure and abomination. Same for alcohol, which is repeatedly mentioned with gambling and called "Satan?s plan ... to excite enmity and hatred between you, ... and hinder you from the remembrance of God, and from prayer..." (5:91)

As for your mate Hussain, perhaps he should open the Quran once in a while. Because just being born in a Muslim family and having a Muslim name does not make you one. You have to strive for it. It's not as simple as picking and choosing what you like to follow and disregard the rest, because every one of those commands is from God and disregarding even one of them is going against Him. I don't know what that is but it's definitely not Islam. You're either in it a 100%, or you're out of it. There is no middle ground in one's Faith.

Whoa Mr. Know-it-all, I don't know what kind of people you hang out with or where you're getting your information from, but this idea you have in mind about Muslims exists in TV only. Sectarian differences happen in every religion, but it's more for political reasons than anything else. An average person could care less what way I'm praying. Where I live, people from all sects coexist happily. I'm Sunni and I grew up and went to school with not only Shias but Bohras, Ismailis, Christians and Hindus as well. In fact, my roommate in college for two years was a staunch Shiite. We dined and prayed together, went to each others houses over breaks and even had religious discussions. Not once do I remember wanting to strangle him. 

As for the definition of a proper Muslim, the five fundamental pillars of Islam are taught to all Muslim kids in kindergarten. You cannot call yourself a Muslim unless you strictly observe those five, no matter what sect you belong to.

My experiences are not your experiences.

I doubt you have ever been in that situation but you seem to know a lot about a lot, so I'll leave you to it :P

I doubt you have ever been in that situation but you seem to know a lot about a lot, so I'll leave you to it :p

Your doubts are irrelevant.

Whoa Mr. Know-it-all, I don't know what kind of people you hang out with or where you're getting your information from, but this idea you have in mind about Muslims exists in TV only. Sectarian differences happen in every religion, but it's more for political reasons than anything else. An average person could care less what way I'm praying. Where I live, people from all sects coexist happily. I'm Sunni and I grew up and went to school with not only Shias but Bohras, Ismailis, Christians and Hindus as well. In fact, my roommate in college for two years was a staunch Shiite. We dined and prayed together, went to each others houses over breaks and even had religious discussions. Not once do I remember wanting to strangle him. 

As for the definition of a proper Muslim, the five fundamental pillars of Islam are taught to all Muslim kids in kindergarten. You cannot call yourself a Muslim unless you strictly observe those five, no matter what sect you belong to.

I can only base my statements on my own experience, and my own experience led me to my statement.  It'd take too long to explain it all here.

^ Well said!

It's just plain old capitalism.

^ This - anyone who thinks this is pandering to a minority is naive.  It's all about making money.

• Like 2

Agreed.

I love it when any religious follower starts the "proper x" or "proper y" kind of person.

Every book written thousands of years ago cannot stand up to modern times and changes so quite obviously people have different ways of interpretation in our era. If people were really being human, they'd just take the important parts of their chosen book(s) (kindness/love/forgiveness etc) strictly, and allow diversity and difference of opinion on the not so important things.

Yeah sure importance is subjective, but cmon, telling people they're not proper because of what they eat or drink... well, there's the reason religion is all about repression, fear and oppression.

• Like 1

^ This - anyone who thinks this is pandering to a minority is naive.  It's all about making money.

Precisely. If the majority of your customers to you FRANCHISE are Halal consumers then you're going to stock Halal. I don't see where all this intolerant religious bickering even comes in to it.

Precisely. If the majority of your customers to you FRANCHISE are Halal consumers then you're going to stock Halal. I don't see where all this intolerant religious bickering even comes in to it.

Religion only really comes into it because Halal is a religious method of slaughtering animals. My objection to it lies purely with the inherent cruelty to the animal.  OK, the animal is going to die for food, but there's no need to be cruel to the poor thing as well.

I always strive to be conscientious when I eat meat.  I don't eat "factory" style farmed animals, and where possible I buy from local butchers who source from local abattoirs so I know where it's come from. It's costs me a little more, but eh... At least I know the animal I'm eating didn't suffer for it.