Jeremy Clarkson 'begs forgiveness' over N-word footage

Ridiculous.    Without Jeremy Top Gear will never be the same.

Shame though that he even tried this nursery rhyme... could have used some other ones...

He is quite offensive though, it part of his act, and with constant worry not to offend ANYBODY, how can he be relaxed and perform well.    Damn!

This Slope thing was one of the possible "jokes"  It is an oxford dictionary correct term for the bridge that was not horizontal!  Its was used correctly ;)

However, did Jeremy know that other meaning?  Quite possibly, I think.

This is the world we live in today folks, I'm no fan of the man myself but love Top Gear, and this is just another example of a crappy tabloid newspaper jumping on something that wasn't even used in the programme to sell their crappy tabloid newspaper.

How long before the same newspapers start making stuff up about people? Oh wait, they already do/did that (allegedly!). 

• Like 7

He. Did. Not. Say. It.

If you really listened to the clip, you'll know damned well what he said.  At best, you -might- be able to make out "Nnninnnrrr", which is not the word he's accused of saying.

Leave your burning torch and pitchfork at home.

This is the fact people seem to not grasp. Probably the ones who saw the bandwagon and jumped on it.

He didn't say it. He mumbled a word which sounded like it. This is what he is also apologising for.

The mirror today are still dragging it out. They had a bit today about Jamelia said he should be fired. :laugh:

Jeremy Clarkson for Prime Minister!

I'd vote for him. He'd be a million times better than the current cretin, or any of the possible replacements except maybe Boris.

• Like 3

If that is what happened then I absolutely believe he intended to be racially offensive

All you have done with this sentence is show your hand, show the community that you WANT this to be a racial issue, you WANT to believe he is a racist and are happy to go there in the face of all the obvious contrary facts.

• Like 2

What a load of racist crap. If he was black and called a white man honky, what would be said? NOTHING.

As a thin white man, I'd be flattered. Sounds like a word you'd describe a chubby person, in a cute way.

"He's so honky :wub: "

Its a good thing he isn't an American on a US show. It would be over already. The executives would have pulled the plug and fired him immediately without even listening to the recording themselves. Al Sharpton would be outside the studio with a bullhorn and a rent-a-mob demanding Clarkson's head on a pike and demanding every advertiser who ever had anything to do with the show for the past 15 years be boycotted for life.

I've honestly only ever heard it as "catch a tiger by the toe." I would have watched it and never thought anything of it... I still don't get what the fuss was about. He mumbled, he didn't even say it. It's people's own minds that put it in there. To top it all off, it wasn't even aired. Are we now going to go through all of the cut takes of every movie and TV show and analyze if any TV personalities, actors or actresses ever say anything offensive? Seriously?

This world would be a lot simpler if everyone just realized that people are offensive, put on their big-boy underwear and moved on...

• Like 3

I want to start a trend that makes words like Weather, News, Thankyou, etc all racial slurs.. and see how BBC deals with that :)

• Like 1

Complaint sent.  But will be ignored.

Yup, Just got my cracker self over there and registered a complaint myself. I'm amazed at how people like MorganX can actually watch the video and still think there's an issue.

I didn't realise we had so many racist users on neowin.

Ron Atkinson immediately got the sack by I.T.V. for calling the French defender for Chelsea, he called Marcel Desailly a 'f*cki*g lazy thick ni**er', it was picked up by troops listening to

an Arabic TV station.

Ron Atkinson was the first manager when Villa fielded a whole team without one Caucasian player in it.

So I found it odd why he made such a sentence.

B.B.C. should sack Clarkson on principle.

It's the usual though, public school boy, old school tie etc...

I didn't realise we had so many racist users on neowin.

I didn't realize we had so many people who don't bother to look past the article title, either... and just ignore anything anyone else posts that contradicts their reality. I wish there were a word for that, like the convenient term "racist."

• Like 2

I didn't realize we had so many people who don't bother to look past the article title, either... and just ignore anything anyone else posts that contradicts their reality. I wish there were a word for that, like the convenient term "racist."

ding ding ding we have a winner.

I read the article, I read it here, there and everywhere; even his past offences.

I even read a book of his.

Not a nice man very very near B.N.P.

don't rappers use the N word all the time?

what's the big fuss, unless someones going to print headline's on todays news papers of puff daddy singing one of his songs........?

I don't know, apparently the N word has two different meanings depending if you're black or not.

Only Jesus can save him now. I pray for you.

Please tell me you're kidding

Please tell me this is trollbait

Please tell me you dont think this way

• Like 1

Sometimes I think Clarkson and Wilman were fools for selling & resigning their directorship over Bedder 6. That way, they could have taken the show to another channel if the BBC was ever to pull the plug on Top Gear after yet another manufactured crisis. 

HBO seems like it could be a good fit.