Photo

Bloodborne

official bloodborne from software hidetaka miyazaki sce japan sony ps4 dark souls demon souls

189 replies to this topic

#181 Andrew

Andrew

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 28 March 2015 - 21:12

Have you slept, ate or showered the past week, AB? :p

#182 OP +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 28 March 2015 - 21:38

Have you slept, ate or showered the past week, AB? :p

Not today :p

I took Thurs and Fri off work as well.

Binge gaming is bad for your health :(

#183 OP +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 28 March 2015 - 22:44

Hey Larry if you're still not past it here's a good way to do the werewolves and the first boss

#184 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted Yesterday, 01:43

Hey Larry if you're still not past it here's a good way to do the werewolves and the first boss

Thanks for this. (Y)

I have not been able to play at all since I last posted (okay truth be told I played the Fast and The Furious Forza Horizon game released on the One, mentally I think I needed a break from Bloodborne), but I already completed it so I am back to playing Bloodborne next time I do play, which depending on how much wine my wife keeps drinking may be a bit later tonight. :punk:

#185 helios01

helios01

Neowinian

Posted Yesterday, 17:12

Finally passed first boss, it was a pretty challenging first level mostly due to the werewolves. Some DS skills are actually counter-productive in this game. When you get hit in DS, you are better off retreating before stunlocks, here it's better to fight back to regain health. I also keep pressing triangle for dual wielding and it uses my blood vials, it's like muscle memory now. 

The parries actually feel satisfying and are not as abuse-able as I thought they would be. I don't miss the backstabs from DS. The combat feels satisfying, which makes it feel better than DkS2. The lack of shield really forces a different approach. Overall feels very solid and satisfying. 

#186 OP +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted Yesterday, 17:22

Finally passed first boss, it was a pretty challenging first level mostly due to the werewolves. Some DS skills are actually counter-productive in this game. When you get hit in DS, you are better off retreating before stunlocks, here it's better to fight back to regain health. I also keep pressing triangle for dual wielding and it uses my blood vials, it's like muscle memory now. 

The parries actually feel satisfying and are not as abuse-able as I thought they would be. I don't miss the backstabs from DS. The combat feels satisfying, which makes it feel better than DkS2. The lack of shield really forces a different approach. Overall feels very solid and satisfying. 

You can backstab. You need to do a charged R2 attack to stun then immediately push R1.

Just noticed the Polygon Bloodborne review is up, 9/10

#187 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

Posted Yesterday, 19:24

I cancelled my trade in.

Not this week but next my wife is going away on a business trip for 3 days. That means I have at least 2 nights of gaming to myself (1 night I have already been asked to dog sit for someone, so will have my hands filled there).

So yeah, Bloodborne time no doubt. (Y) 

#188 OP +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted Yesterday, 20:23

For Larry and anyone else new to Souls games

#189 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

Posted Today, 01:51

For Larry and anyone else new to Souls games

Just watched the whole thing. Thanks AB, really was helpful, especially the latter half. (Y)

I am honestly determined to master this game, and have decided it may take months to do so.

In fact I believe I am even contemplating preordering the strategy guide, but all I can find is one for the Collectors Edition. Is there supposed to be a normal one do you know AM?

#190 OP +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted Today, 10:24

Just watched the whole thing. Thanks AB, really was helpful, especially the latter half. (Y)

I am honestly determined to master this game, and have decided it may take months to do so.
In fact I believe I am even contemplating preordering the strategy guide, but all I can find is one for the Collectors Edition. Is there supposed to be a normal one do you know AM?

The hardback version is the only one available for now.

This might help you as well http://www.vg247.com...ee-walkthrough/