Photo

Bloodborne

official bloodborne from software hidetaka miyazaki sce japan sony ps4 dark souls demon souls

386 replies to this topic

#376 OP +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 17 May 2015 - 17:33

Ebrietas down, landing a visceral attack when she was about to get into the last stage made all the difference :D

Congrats, it's a good feeling finally taking that bitch down.

#377 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 17 May 2015 - 20:14

I'm finding a noticeable difference in PvP compared to Dark Souls, which I can't say if it's a good or bad thing.

I suck at PvP in DS games. I've never been into it and didn't even try to be prepared for it. Pretty much every single time I was invaded I was raped by some naked guy dancing around my heavy armoured character.

I even sometimes played offline just to not be bothered with that.

In Bloodborne I suck too, but it'd seem that most other people suck even more than I do. I've been invaded a lot in Nightmare Frontier and Mensis Nightmare, and so far have only died once  :huh:

Maybe it's just that PvP in Bloodborne plays almost the same as the rest of the game, while in DS you needed a completely different approach.

I said that I don't know if that's a good thing because if, while not liking PvP, I haven't felt the urge to play offline, maybe that means that PvP is not actually fun for those that like it?

There's certainly a lot less to do when invading. You can't troll people activating traps (like those spiked bridges in DS), no magic (mostly) and there are very few different fighting styles. Different weapons, yeah, but not that many and not all that different in PvP.

#378 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 21 May 2015 - 22:36

Now I have to decide if I go back to playing Bloodborne or check out The Witcher 3 (rented the latter from GameFly and it arrived today).

I will only have 1 night to play before I leave for vacation, but my plan is to stay up all night playing whichever game I do play as I leave to catch my plane at 4 AM. If I stay up until 4 I should be able to sleep on the entire plane ride.

So yeah, I am leaning towards going back to Bloodborne. I feel like it might be the better game to play delirious.  :s  :laugh:

#379 OP +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 21 May 2015 - 22:58

Playing Bloodborne tired... is an experience lol.

#380 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

Posted 21 May 2015 - 23:01

Playing Bloodborne tired... is an experience lol.

Thats exactly why I am leaning towards it!! LOL I cannot help but think it is going to ###### with my head.  :rofl:

#381 OP +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 23 May 2015 - 20:52

Patch out tomorrow, here are some notes

Patch info from dual shockers citing the Bloodborne japanese page

Password matching can now be done regardless of level.
Password matching can now be done even if registered to a different oath.
Quicksilver bullets and blood vials can now be stored up to 600 (the previous limit was 99) in the storage in Hunter’s Dream.
Weapons and hunter tools have been tweaked, it will be mostly buffs.
A bug of the Rifle Spear has been fixed.
A bug with Blood Gem Imprints has been fixed.
Boss rewards in the Chalice Dungeons will be improved, they will now drop blood gems randomly.
Chalice dungeons will now include Blood Stone Shards at Depth 1, Twin Blood Stone Shards at Depth 2, Twin Blood Stone Shards and Blood Stone Chunks at Depth 3, Blood Stone Chunks at Depth 4 and Blood Stone Chunks and Blood Rocks at Depth 5.
Other bugs have been fixed.

#382 helios01

helios01

Neowinian

Posted 23 May 2015 - 21:13

Good to know, some welcome changes such as chunks and hopefully they make getting items for making chalice dungeons less of a chore. 

#383 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:04

Password matching can now be done regardless of level.

If that means, as it seems, that you can now play with friends regardless of what level each player has, that would be incredibly cool.

#384 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 24 May 2015 - 16:23

It's on sale for $40 on Amazon which should push anyone off the fence that is still considering getting it.

#385 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:58

If that means, as it seems, that you can now play with friends regardless of what level each player has, that would be incredibly cool.

My brother and I tested it yesterday. It's definitely true. Prior to the last patch, matchmaking following the "+/-10 + 10%" rule, which we tested thoroughly. Yesterday we tested summoning each other, in both directions, when we were way outside that range; and, it worked like a charm. It also feels like they sped up the connection times again too, which is always a plus.

We finished the defiled chalice and all other non-root chalice dungeons yesterday except for the Great Pthumeru Ilyll chalice. It requires a reagent we haven't seen yet. So I guess it's on to Mensis. Feels like we're almost done.

It's been taking us a while to get through the game, because we're only playing an hour or two every few days. He has been finishing up his semester and I've been rather busy at work. Either way, the amount of content in this game is amazing; especially compared to the "AAA" norm. So good.

#386 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

Posted Yesterday, 06:04

Never got to play before I left for vacation. I'm in Mexico and not many English speaking channels on the TV in the hotel. The one that is is HBO Plus and they have run a little 7 or so minute vignette about Bloodborne itself. Besides the host calling the chalice dungeons "chapter" dungeons it is really interesting to see how they handle marketing outside of the US and they really make it look amazing. So much game play I've never seen on any other marketing. Really made me excited to get back to playing it once I get back home.

#387 OP +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted Yesterday, 09:34

Never got to play before I left for vacation. I'm in Mexico and not many English speaking channels on the TV in the hotel. The one that is is HBO Plus and they have run a little 7 or so minute vignette about Bloodborne itself. Besides the host calling the chalice dungeons "chapter" dungeons it is really interesting to see how they handle marketing outside of the US and they really make it look amazing. So much game play I've never seen on any other marketing. Really made me excited to get back to playing it once I get back home.

Would be cool to see that, I'll have a search on YT!