Can the entire game be played in Co-Op?

I've been trying to find information in regards to this...

Pretty much. This time around you can play with specific people if you want. It's not as straightforward as inviting someone off a list, instead if you both set the same passphrase then whenever one of you summons only summons with a matching passphrase will be invited.

For example, if everyone on Neowin set it as Neowin you'd summon someone from the pool of Neowin players (whether that is 5, 10, 15 or 100 people). So still a bit random still, but off of a specific list of people. If you had a password as 174i93h, then clearly that's so unique only your exact friend or co-op partner would be summoned.

Amazing game so far (as expected), bought a PS4 for this even though it has no other games I want and I'm not disappointed. Only downsides are the stupidly long loading times and it can't even keep a stable 30fps in some areas, such a shame it will never be released on PC.

Pretty much. This time around you can play with specific people if you want. It's not as straightforward as inviting someone off a list, instead if you both set the same passphrase then whenever one of you summons only summons with a matching passphrase will be invited.

For example, if everyone on Neowin set it as Neowin you'd summon someone from the pool of Neowin players (whether that is 5, 10, 15 or 100 people). So still a bit random still, but off of a specific list of people. If you had a password as 174i93h, then clearly that's so unique only your exact friend or co-op partner would be summoned.

I will only buy this game, if someone else plays with me.  :D

I also, just realized I have $44 in my Playstation Wallet... So I'm not killing myself to get it...

Amazing game so far (as expected), bought a PS4 for this even though it has no other games I want and I'm not disappointed. Only downsides are the stupidly long loading times and it can't even keep a stable 30fps in some areas, such a shame it will never be released on PC.

Some hope - http://www.justpushstart.com/2015/03/bloodborne-long-load-times-will-be-addressed-in-the-next-patch/ Hybrid and SSD drives do make a difference.

Just glad we do not have any Blighttown V2. From create some of the best art in gaming, but they just aren't technically among the elite as of yet.

Some hope - http://www.justpushstart.com/2015/03/bloodborne-long-load-times-will-be-addressed-in-the-next-patch/ Hybrid and SSD drives do make a difference.

Just glad we do not have any Blighttown V2. From create some of the best art in gaming, but they just aren't technically among the elite as of yet.

Not good enough really. A game needs to be playable for the masses and suggesting that we should buy the game AND a new HDD to play it on is beyond madness.

A patch needs to fix this and fast. It drops to levels that make the game unplayable in areas.

Not good enough really. A game needs to be playable for the masses and suggesting that we should buy the game AND a new HDD to play it on is beyond madness.

A patch needs to fix this and fast. It drops to levels that make the game unplayable in areas.

I haven't read that, or is that your experience? I've only played about an hour.

Digital Foundry - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-bloodborne-performance-analysis

Think I read that in one of the reviews, it drops into the 20's which isn't acceptable,

Lowest above is 24. Cinematic  :shiftyninja: /s

Does say the drops are fairly infrequent. We gotta put up with From Jank to enjoy their games. It's the best technical effort so far, but I hope there are some patches to help. By the way if anyone is downloading you can start playing after 5GB is done, but you can't play online until the whole amount is done (23GB). It forces you into offline mode if you play early.

"Unplayable" means low teens to single-digits. A frame rate so low that you literally cannot navigate the game world or react to it. I have read a lot of reviews and impressions and not one has mentioned that the frame rate gets that low. Mid to low 20s, sure, but that is definitely still "playable".

In general, everyone has said that it never gets as bad as Blighttown on the PS3. I remember how bad that was, and even though it was a stuttering mess, I was still able to finish the area. So if Bloodborne never reaches that level, I'm ok with it. (I'd LIKE it to be a smooth 30, but it is what it is)

Never say never. We've seen games go from console to PC, although not always praised technically when they got there.

From Software isn't a subsidiary of Sony like Naughty Dog is so it is plausible that we could see the game go to PC. It just wouldn't get there next month.

If anyone is planning to pick this game up between now and the 28th, Target is doing another "buy the game and get a $20 PSN card for $5" deal.

Never say never. We've seen games go from console to PC, although not always praised technically when they got there.

From Software isn't a subsidiary of Sony like Naughty Dog is so it is plausible that we could see the game go to PC. It just wouldn't get there next month.

You have that slightly wrong. From are independent, ND are owned by Sony. Sony own the Demons Souls IP and now Bloodborne. This is why these titles are exclusive. From own Dark Souls, or its joint with Namco, so multiplatform.

I see.

Well, you'd hope Sony would see the success and acclaim of Bloodborne and parlay that into a successful PC release later down the line.

Just installed the game and downloaded the 2.9 (or was it 2.8) GB update file on both of my PS4's, so I am ready to play this somehow tonight. I watched that beginners video at lunch time. I somewhat get the impression this game is being hyped as so difficult to play but is actually just a game that takes some time and patience instead, but perhaps I am being overly optimistic.  :laugh: We shall see.

Just installed the game and downloaded the 2.9 (or was it 2.8) GB update file on both of my PS4's, so I am ready to play this somehow tonight. I watched that beginners video at lunch time. I somewhat get the impression this game is being hyped as so difficult to play but is actually just a game that takes some time and patience instead, but perhaps I am being overly optimistic.  :laugh: We shall see.

A lot of it is definitely that. Patience and intelligent gameplay master a Souls game. They are difficult, no doubts. Patience can't save you from the bosses! I see them kind of like an action "puzzle" RPG.

Put your pants back on, AB.

:shiftyninja: