49 posts in this topic

Posted

Nothing of interest this update but welcome the improvements regularly

Posted

Nothing jaw dropping about this update ,but I welcome Microsoft updates pace...

Posted

Small update but I'm wondering if the sound mixer thing sets the ground for having background music playback like on the 360. I really miss that feature.

1 person likes this

Posted

They could add more things as we get closer to the final May update release date.   Or, and I kind of expected this, they could be saving things for a bigger update in June.

Posted

Any chance that someone has some pull, to get me in the update?

I think Andrew tried to get me in the last one (Thanks by the way) but I must of been late accepting his friend request.

Or "Am I holding wrong" while trying to get in the preview program :-/

Posted

Nothing of interest this update but welcome the improvements regularly

Better to release little changes regularly than make people wait months! Something small can actually be big for someone, just depends on everyone's individual uses/requirements and setups.

Posted

Any chance that someone has some pull, to get me in the update?

I think Andrew tried to get me in the last one (Thanks by the way) but I must of been late accepting his friend request.

Or "Am I holding wrong" while trying to get in the preview program :-/

Did you never get a message to download the preview registration app?

Posted

nope

Posted

nope

Shame :( At least 1 person I invited has made it into the preview. Anyone else?

When I can be bothered I'll do another invite spree and put some names forward again :p

1 person likes this

Posted

Shame :( At least 1 person I invited has made it into the preview. Anyone else?

When I can be bothered I'll do another invite spree and put some names forward again :p

thank you

Posted

I got in from Andrew I think, gimme gamer tags and I'll send out invites from mine CastorTroy05

Posted

Via the preview forums:

Other items that we are investigating based on your feedback:

• Various HDMI-In issues with certain set-top boxes
  • Launch to TV - as a default Xbox setting
  • Favorites - ability to reorder the list
  • OneGuide expansion - add support for more countries (e.g. Brazil, Austria, Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, etc.)
  • Better Device on/off controls for IR control of devices

Please keep all of the great feedback coming

Posted

Launch to TV as a default option would be great for many families where one or two are the only tech savvy types and the rest just want to watch TV and use it more as a set-top box.

Don't know when they plan to release this May update but I'm going to guess it's late in the month, maybe between 20th and 25th, so I expect more things to make it in.

Posted

@andrew - looks like I got in from your invite... If I have the audio mix, does that mean I'm in? After I entered the code I never got any additional notices from ms

Posted

@andrew - looks like I got in from your invite... If I have the audio mix, does that mean I'm in? After I entered the code I never got any additional notices from ms

I think so. Your dashboard should be version 6.2.10938.0 / xbl_rel_1405 and you should get a message in your XBL Inbox:

1405.PNG

Update is 312 MB

Posted

I think so. Your dashboard should be version 6.2.10938.0 / xbl_rel_1405 and you should get a message in your XBL Inbox:

1405.PNG

Update is 312 MB

yup revision matches but I never got a message, when I did the update it was 312 mb and now the update option is gone. Just glad I'm in and can't wait to be able to boot directly to tv app

Posted

yup revision matches but I never got a message, when I did the update it was 312 mb and now the update option is gone. Just glad I'm in and can't wait to be able to boot directly to tv app

Nice (Y)

Hopefully more get in and you can all spread it among yourselves

Posted

nice, someone care to invite me to the for the early access :)

Posted

I too never got the app, I entered the code I was sent (I think from you) into xbox.com which now shows as used but I am still non beta.

Posted

I too never got the app, I entered the code I was sent (I think from you) into xbox.com which now shows as used but I am still non beta.

Sorry man, as you know it's out of my control once I put your GT forward. Just luck of the draw. I must have put at least 10 GTs forward and only 3 have confirmed they're into the preview so far.

Each update they're probably adding more testers so you may still get in later.

This whole process is redundant compared to the old previews. Hopefully they change it and let everyone who wants to take part register their interest rather than this picking/choosing nonsense.

1 person likes this

Posted

I hope this update brings some fixes to the Watch TV experience.
Every since this last major update in April I have been having the issue where it tells me it has lost my TV signal.
post-34384-0-93146600-1399300503.jpg
It happens at least once a day, and it seems the only way to fix it is to restart all of my components.
I have even gone through the initial TV setup twice now hoping that would fix it.
I have quadruple checked all of my connections as well, even went as far as using completely different (and brand new) HDMI cables.
Did not have this issue at all prior to the update, so I do hope it is fixed with the next update.
1 person likes this

Posted

I hope this update brings some fixes to the Watch TV experience.
Every since this last major update in April I have been having the issue where it tells me it has lost my TV signal.
It happens at least once a day, and it seems the only way to fix it is to restart all of my components.
I have even gone through the initial TV setup twice now hoping that would fix it.
I have quadruple checked all of my connections as well, even went as far as using completely different (and brand new) HDMI cables.
Did not have this issue at all prior to the update, so I do hope it is fixed with the next update.

I think it's a known issue and they're aware of it. Sounds pretty similar to the post from the feedback forums:

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1211821-xbox-one-may-2014-update/?view=findpost&p=596387761

Posted

I think it's a known issue and they're aware of it. Sounds pretty similar to the post from the feedback forums:

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1211821-xbox-one-may-2014-update/?view=findpost&p=596387761

That is good to hear, as just doing a Google search just to get that image I put in my post had me worried not a lot of people where experiencing it, as that was the one and only image I could find of that error.

What is interesting is a friend of mine has a very, very similar setup to me and also the same cable provider so same set top box, and he is not seeing the issue at all. Which is just odd/frustrating. I hope it is not something with my hardware somehow.

Posted

Anyone care to send an invite my way ? XBL StrainedSky :-)