Xbox One Update: May 2014

Just a reminder as I've had some PMs, I'm not doing any invites right now. Nobody will be accepted for May's preview now that is has rolled out. You need to wait until June before you'll have a chance, (MS's rules not mine). I also have zero control after I put your GT forward. If you didn't get in, take it up with Microsoft :p

Hopefully the people I invited who did get in will help out and spread it to others. If none of them are accepting friend requests please don't flood this topic unnecessarily.

I got in from Andrew I think, gimme gamer tags and I'll send out invites from mine CastorTroy05

diezel78

You know for "several small updates" vs "one large update in October"  These updates have all been pretty big.  Everyone one so far has had atleast one pretty important thing for me.  I welcome any updates to the TV functions as I use it ALL the time. I just wish (and maybe its there im just not seeing it) is a way to turn the volume up and down with the xbox controller instead of using saying xbox volume up or down 10 times or finding my tv remote.  I have the media remote but its lack of number buttons makes it a waste to keep track of most of the time for me and it gets lost in couch cushions all the time.

Just a reminder as I've had some PMs, I'm not doing any invites right now. Nobody will be accepted for May's preview now that is has rolled out. You need to wait until June before you'll have a chance, (MS's rules not mine). I also have zero control after I put your GT forward. If you didn't get in, take it up with Microsoft :p

Hopefully the people I invited who did get in will help out and spread it to others. If none of them are accepting friend requests please don't flood this topic unnecessarily.

Do you want to game share? Please send me your email address.

*shudder* *flashback* *shudder*

You know for "several small updates" vs "one large update in October"  These updates have all been pretty big.  Everyone one so far has had atleast one pretty important thing for me.  I welcome any updates to the TV functions as I use it ALL the time. I just wish (and maybe its there im just not seeing it) is a way to turn the volume up and down with the xbox controller instead of using saying xbox volume up or down 10 times or finding my tv remote.  I have the media remote but its lack of number buttons makes it a waste to keep track of most of the time for me and it gets lost in couch cushions all the time.

while not have #s is annoying, look into the Favorites feature, I really only watch a handful of channels regularly, so when I do use the guide I have it show favorites only, not as good as having the #s but certainly cuts down on moving from channel to channel plus you can have your volume button back..  just a idea to consider

I hope this update brings some fixes to the Watch TV experience.
Every since this last major update in April I have been having the issue where it tells me it has lost my TV signal.
It happens at least once a day, and it seems the only way to fix it is to restart all of my components.
I have even gone through the initial TV setup twice now hoping that would fix it.
I have quadruple checked all of my connections as well, even went as far as using completely different (and brand new) HDMI cables.
Did not have this issue at all prior to the update, so I do hope it is fixed with the next update.

Thanks for reminding, also hope the update may fix the unplugged Kinect glitch before sending the sensor for service, which in my case is going to be a long and expensive thing. It seems to be a common issue with Kinects from the first couple of months. Was not aware of the HDMI in issue, sorry to hear this is happening.

I hope that most people opt into the voice recognition improvement program with this update. Without that kind of data, it will be very difficult and time consuming for MS to improve the service.

Shame :( At least 1 person I invited has made it into the preview. Anyone else?

When I can be bothered I'll do another invite spree and put some names forward again :P

Dont forget to put me forward :-P

Andrew, I just got back from holiday and saw a message that I'd been invited to the 1405 preview so it worked for me too. Thanks again

• Like 1

You can control volume via smartglass's remote on your phone or tablet.  

That you can control your devices via smartglass such as turn on/off TV, setup box, etc.

Dont forget to put me forward :-P

Friend request sent. Once you accept I can nominate your GT for the preview (Y)

Andrew, I just got back from holiday and saw a message that I'd been invited to the 1405 preview so it worked for me too. Thanks again

Nice :) Success rate is going up (Y)

Friend request sent. Once you accept I can nominate your GT for the preview (Y)

Done cheers (y)

Anyone I've added has had an invite sent. Feel free to add me as above CastorTroy05

Thanks for the invite guys.  The registration just popped up on my Smartglass app.

I registered right away.

Once again, thank you very much.

I have a feeling the June update, probably planned around E3 or a bit later will be a big one because so far this May update is small, just a few new things/changes though there could be quite a few bug fixes and performance work end users don't notice visually in there.

I wonder when the final will go out, if it's sooner then odds of getting June around E3 go up.

Latest additions to 1405 this week:

Improvements and Fixes

• Updates to help address issues where Game DVR clips may be recorded without audio.
  • Underlying OS changes required to enable planned 1405 features.
  • Get System Update button change. This update changes how the system update button works under Settings->System. Now the button will say ?No update available? and be greyed out when there is no update, and it will say ?Update console? and be active when an update is available.
  • Update to address issues some issues users noticed where Party Chat would be quiet unless the Party App is snapped.

The most recent build (xb_rel_1405.140509-2200) has the following fixes:

We?re at a stage in previewing this update where new updates will primarily contain fixes and improvements. The following changes are contained within this build

• Ongoing fixes and adjustments to the user interface.
  • An update to fix an issue some users reported where content requiring a title update would need to be uninstalled and reinstalled after a System Update. 
  • An update to help resolve issues with playing disc-based games.  
  • Updates to resolve an issue where Party Chat would not work via headsets, only via surround sound speakers.

They must be planning something for E3. It's way too early to be pushing the update, especially with very few fixes/features.

The obvious choice is ext.hdd as per the image leak but I wonder if it'll be more than that...

They must be planning something for E3. It's way too early to be pushing the update, especially with very few fixes/features.

The obvious choice is ext.hdd as per the image leak but I wonder if it'll be more than that...

Just means they want to have a big update out for June at E3 time, probably going to give us a quick overview of a few things.   There should be some given features that people are asking for, like external storage etc but they could be working on things they want to hold off on showing and are just testing internally, maybe some form of game sharing for gold members?  Or it could be some other specific Gold member features, the timing makes sense really.

If they didn't push this update out now and it was towards the end of May then June wouldn't have anything ready for the 9th.