7 replies to this topic

#1 alwaysonacoffebreak

alwaysonacoffebreak

Neowinian Senior

• 2,576 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:44

Hey guys.

Is there any option to watch HBO somewhere online? Even paid would work. My cable operator doesn't show it nor will they in any foreseeable future, Netflix and others don't stream here and cba to mess around with VPN's.  

I'd really like to watch the stand-ups and other comedies on HBO but as far as I've seen there just aint no way...

#2 Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

• 6,697 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 15:16

Hey guys.

Is there any option to watch HBO somewhere online? Even paid would work. My cable operator doesn't show it nor will they in any foreseeable future, Netflix and others don't stream here and cba to mess around with VPN's.  

I'd really like to watch the stand-ups and other comedies on HBO but as far as I've seen there just aint no way...

What about amazon prime,  it will start showing HBO movies and shows soon I believe.  

#3 OP alwaysonacoffebreak

alwaysonacoffebreak

Neowinian Senior

• 2,576 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL

Posted 09 May 2014 - 14:29

What about amazon prime,  it will start showing HBO movies and shows soon I believe.  

Still not working here :(

#4 Grinch

Grinch

Developer

• 1,609 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 09 May 2014 - 14:39

What about HBO Go?

Edit: Ah wait, never mind. Part of the pop-up that occurs on that page says "HBO GO® is only accessible in the U.S"

#5 Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

• 6,697 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 14:41

Still not working here :(

Oh,  that sucks sorry!

What about HBO Go?

You have to log in with your user name for the cable provider.  So if his doesn't offer it, then he cant use it.  

#6 Kelxin

Kelxin

Neowinian

• 601 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 14:44

What about HBO Go?

Edit: Ah wait, never mind. Part of the pop-up that occurs on that page says "HBO GO® is only accessible in the U.S"

Yep, HBO Go is US only, and only comes with a paid subscription to HBO WITH your cable or satellite provider.

If HBO switched to an online subscription model and let people cut the cable, they would make an absolute killing.

#7 Grinch

Grinch

Developer

• 1,609 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 09 May 2014 - 14:44

Oh,  that sucks sorry!

You have to log in with your user name for the cable provider.  So if his doesn't offer it, then he cant use it.  

Ah, I didn't realize it was a cable provider only thing. I figured they'd have an option to pay a monthly subscription.

#8 +timster

timster

Neowinian Senior

• 2,599 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4 7.1.2 jb/ul

Posted 09 May 2014 - 14:46

there is HBO Nordic, however it's only legally available in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. You'd have to get a VPN or smart DNS service to use it in Estonia.