iaas or saas?

youtube, facebook, paypal

i know they are web servers, but they also use the cloud system. so are they allocated into iaas or saas?

I think you are getting a little confused with these terms. Facebook, YouTube, etc. do not expose their infrastructure to the outside so they are not an IaaS provider. They are also not really a SaaS provider as they just provide a service not a software platform (well they do for developers so for a developer they are SaaS but for an end user not so much). You could argue both ways over SaaS if you wanted to. I personally feel that from an end user perspective they are not a SaaS.

I use this as a direct reference for such services

Cloud_computing_layers.png

They are actually SaaS, since by web definition SaaS gives a little control to consumer along with API, so  those youtube, facebook fall under the SaaS module, dunno about the paypal, because i don't use it.

They are None!! :-p 

I hate that they would be categorized in such a way. 

What service are they classed as? I can understand say for example Enterprise Backup systems as SaaS but these companys (Maybe Facebook been the exception) were around along time before these "########" management terms were invented. 

Although Paypal might sell Software as a Service to others. Consumers its not the case which I presume you were asking in the context of. 

Dont ever phrase your questions like that again if you want my help

I am a Cloud denier :-p haha as in I bloody hate the way band the term around. To you they are purely a Client Server Business Model. 

And oh my god they are certainly not IaaS....