1500 year old Bible claims Jesus was not Crucified

And even to this day we constantly misinterpret and mess up stories that only happened 250 years ago, they're still just going to be sifting through stories written hundreds of years ago and deciding which ones were "true". I don't understand how they can be an authority on the matter. 

Not disagreeing, just pointing out the discrepancy in that previous comment. 

The historical Christ was not crucified -- he lived on in India for many years later.

2000 ?  This was known at least 30 years earlier.

Very surprised that the catholic church didn't suppress this going public... as they have a HABBIT of covering things up, throughout history.

Well, in another 2000 years people will be arguing over Lord of the Rings and the Dragonlance Sagas. Frodo taking the ring to Mordor (did he really? what about that apocryphal text where he marries Sam?)... the Cataclysm... was Raistlin a prophet? Or a god?

And the ball of nonsense will keep rolling.

• Like 2

As a Muslim; I find this version more believable than the traditional version. According to Islamic tradition this is what happened to Jesus (That he never died and will come back later)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_view_of_Jesus'_death. 

In this you stand in opposition to the vast majority of historical and biblical scholarship which view the crucifixion of Jesus as a firmly established fact, backed by all credible Christian and non-Christian sources of the time, and you base that on a single book written many centuries later.

Anyway, it appears that this particular document isn't the Gospel of Barnabas as I quoted earlier.

Well, in another 2000 years people will be arguing over Lord of the Rings and the Dragonlance Sagas. Frodo taking the ring to Mordor (did he really? what about that apocryphal text where he marries Sam?)... the Cataclysm... was Raistlin a prophet? Or a god?

Hey at least the Church sermons about the Battle of Helms Deep and Minas Tirith will be interesting  :rofl:

Similar to the Islamic belief about Jesus

belief that jesus do not cruxified are not unique to islam, there are christians cult/heresy that predates islam also share similar views, i read that islamic view about jesus are influenced by it.

and to the ancient book, the book using gold-lettering, that something that popular in islamic caligraphy,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Qur'an
which make me suspect that the book are actually newer than what originaly (2000 - 1500 years ago) touted,

and hence a forgery to undermine the christian control at that era.

• 1 month later...

In this you stand in opposition to the vast majority of historical and biblical scholarship which view the crucifixion of Jesus as a firmly established fact, backed by all credible Christian and non-Christian sources of the time, and you base that on a single book written many centuries later.

Anyway, it appears that this particular document isn't the Gospel of Barnabas as I quoted earlier.

i gotta ask. where's the proof of this established fact? ive certainly never seen proof that there was a historical Jesus at all...

Also, Christianity and the Bible are just re-hashed stories of fake events that happened hundreds and thousands of years prior.

• Like 3

Very surprised that the catholic church didn't suppress this going public... as they have a HABBIT of covering things up, throughout history.

I didn't read this part in the Lord of the Rings? Although they do live in a hole so a certain amount of covering is required.

i gotta ask. where's the proof of this established fact? ive certainly never seen proof that there was a historical Jesus at all...

There is multiple independent attestation of that fact by contemporary sources, both Christian and non-Christian. To put things in perspective, the crucifixion of Jesus is established by more evidence than most events of Antiquity considered to be known historical facts.

The myth theory of Jesus appears to still be popular in the public opinion, but has almost no adherents today among professional historians and Bible scholars.

There is a huge difference.

Christ was based on real events,

Yes, a big myth has evolved, but there is meaning behind the story. ;)

Also, Christianity and the Bible are just re-hashed stories of fake events that happened hundreds and thousands of years prior.

What proof is there that you exist ?

All I see is text on a screen . ;)

• Like 2

Also remember the Bible was compiled by the Council of Nicaea. 

A lot of the old testament from the Jewish Torah, and new testament from writing thought to be from the disciples and stories that could not be confirmed (back then) but conveyed the message they wanted to tell. 

So does the USA government on the UFO subject.

So does the USA government on the UFO subject.

UFO's don't exist.  The US government knows -exactly- what they are!  They're IFO's. ;)

What proof is there that you exist ?

All I see is text on a screen . ;)

Don't worry Jason, I have faith that you're not a bot ;)