Anyone with both a Xbox One and PS4?

Right now Project Beast is the only reason for me I'd pick a PS4 over on top of preference. Everything else is subjective to do with needs, but as far as games go I need the platform with all the souls games <3

Nice setup Neo, clean and minimal (Y) My favourite thing about the XB1 is the Xbox logo on all the hardware that lights up. Just wish the console was a tad smaller!

Thanks a lot Audio :) Yes, trying to keep it neat and totally agree regarding the size of the X1, should have been smaller, she's practically twice a PS4 in terms of actual space taken. Literally could not fit under the TV without overheating (yes, i heard the turbo fan mode a couple of times while Titanfalling and it was not pleasant). However, in terms of looks she really grew on me and i don't mind the 1992 VCR styling, it's kinda cool actually.

And concur with everything said above, ideally get both to anyone wondering which. Ideally get all...i'd go buy a Wii U and Vita right now if i could afford it. However, for anyone who really only wants or can only afford either X1 or PS4, with all my love for the former, i'd say go with PS4 due to the slight graphics edge (i think it's slight), and quality concerns (which are not slight, i do believe PS4 is the more reliable device).

However, for anyone who really only wants or can only afford either X1 or PS4, with all my love for the former, i'd say go with PS4 due to the slight graphics edge (i think it's slight), and quality concerns (which are not slight, i do believe PS4 is the more reliable device).

Why exactly do you think the ps4 is more reliable?

I have definitely felt the opposite precisely because the X1 is over built to avoid overheating with a single, large fan. Its quieter as well even with all of vents.

Not that I have felt my ps4 is going to die or anything, I just appreciate the cooling design of the X1 coming from a pc angle.

Why exactly do you think the ps4 is more reliable?

I have definitely felt the opposite precisely because the X1 is over built to avoid overheating with a single, large fan. Its quieter as well even with all of vents.

Not that I have felt my ps4 is going to die or anything, I just appreciate the cooling design of the X1 coming from a pc angle.

Well you know by default i tend to prefer Xbox, that's no secret round these parts, but true experience is true experience. My Kinect has already stopped working out of the blue for no reason at all, that's quite bad. And the X1 has overheated on several occasions, while PS4 keeps doing her usual hum thing with no major variances in sound levels. For sure X1 has vents in places most consoles don't even have places and does not feel overly warm to the touch, but something just feels off, and the Kinect failing so soon was a real letdown. i now have to deal with a lengthy and complex replacement process.

Hopefully i'm wrong though, and the console proves very reliable long term - 360 slim was probably the most hard working and reliable console i've ever had, but we did go on quite the adventure to get there as you must recall!

Well you know by default i tend to prefer Xbox, that's no secret round these parts, but true experience is true experience. My Kinect has already stopped working out of the blue for no reason at all, that's quite bad. And the X1 has overheated on several occasions, while PS4 keeps doing her usual hum thing with no major variances in sound levels. For sure X1 has vents in places most consoles don't even have places and does not feel overly warm to the touch, but something just feels off, and the Kinect failing so soon was a real letdown. i now have to deal with a lengthy and complex replacement process.

Hopefully i'm wrong though, and the console proves very reliable long term - 360 slim was probably the most hard working and reliable console i've ever had, but we did go on quite the adventure to get there as you must recall!

Well your experience is certainly bad. Your not the only one to have a bad experience around here, so I understand the opinion. Its really tainting the waters for sure.

• Like 2

Well your experience is certainly bad. Your not the only one to have a bad experience around here, so I understand the opinion. Its really tainting the waters for sure.

It has left a bad taste and has caused doubt, but my passion for X1 is unmitigated and i believe in the system. I stuck by 360 because i saw what she offered and how much joy i got out of it despite going through like five of em, so this is nothing. Sure not an ideal experience but there are worse things in life, and the console itself still works fine, knock on wood.

It has left a bad taste and has caused doubt, but my passion for X1 is unmitigated and i believe in the system. I stuck by 360 because i saw what she offered and how much joy i got out of it despite going through like five of em, so this is nothing. Sure not an ideal experience but there are worse things in life, and the console itself still works fine, knock on wood.

Most people would call you some unsavory names for that kind of opinion :laugh:

But hey, more power to you.

• Like 1

Most people would call you some unsavory names for that kind of opinion :laugh:

But hey, more power to you.

They might, but it's how i feel about a lot of things in life. You have to be grateful and realistic. If someone/something is good to you and for you, you stick by them. Let's not get too philosophical, being passionate is part and parcel of being human

My Kinect has already stopped working out of the blue for no reason at all, that's quite bad. 

Your X1 Kinect? How old is your console? Can't you make a warranty claim?

• Like 2

Your X1 Kinect? How old is your console? Can't you make a warranty claim?

Thanks for the concern Complex! Yes, of course the X1 Kinect heh heh never had the 360 Kinect. Bought the console in January, and this seems to be a major issue. Just Google Xbox One Kinect unplugged.

Yes, she's under warranty and this coming weekend will begin the replacement process, though not overly excited about it...

I've got both - I bought the Xbox One because I convinced myself that I had to play Forza...heh. I don't think the interface on the Xbox One is as nice as the one on the PS4, it just feels cumbersome for some reason. I also have yet to use the Kinect at all. I still want to get Dead Rising 3 and Ryse, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I use my PS4 more often at the moment (which I got first) because I got FIFA on it, but I've also not finished Killzone, inFAMOUS or Knack, as well as the PS+ games too. There's good exclusive games on both platforms, but it's all down to personal opinion.

I've got both - I bought the Xbox One because I convinced myself that I had to play Forza...heh. I don't think the interface on the Xbox One is as nice as the one on the PS4, it just feels cumbersome for some reason. I also have yet to use the Kinect at all. I still want to get Dead Rising 3 and Ryse, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I use my PS4 more often at the moment (which I got first) because I got FIFA on it, but I've also not finished Killzone, inFAMOUS or Knack, as well as the PS+ games too. There's good exclusive games on both platforms, but it's all down to personal opinion.

Definitely get Ryse, it's a really addictive game heh heh, went through the SP campaign three times and have yet to trade it in, may go again. Dead Rising 3 was OK, but too glitchy and not a must-have by any means.

I have both.  I mostly use my One for games.  I got the PS4 basically for the exclusives.  I think The Last of Us on the 4 was my reason for getting it....I take that back, Resogun was....I can't stop playing.  I only need one more Trophy...

I am also very excited about the new Uncharted also. Hopefully we get some good information at E3.

I have both, and I would personally own both if I were you as well. It's hard to turn down exclusives. I bought the PS4 for exclusives like Killzone and Infamous and Uncharted. I use the X1 as my main gaming machine for all multiplatform games and its respective exclusives.

You can't go wrong with both!

• Like 3

I have both, and I would personally own both if I were you as well. It's hard to turn down exclusives. I bought the PS4 for exclusives like Killzone and Infamous and Uncharted. I use the X1 as my main gaming machine for all multiplatform games and its respective exclusives.

You can't go wrong with both!

I'm just curious as to why you would purchase multiplatform games on the X1? Pretty much every multiplatform game runs at higher framerate and/or fps on the PS4.. apart from graphics which the PS4 has the edge its the same game. If I owned both I would buy the multiplatform games for the PS4 cause it has better graphics and only use the X1 for exclusives / other features.

I'm just curious why you do it the other way around? doesn't seem logical to me,

I'm just curious as to why you would purchase multiplatform games on the X1? Pretty much every multiplatform game runs at higher framerate and/or fps on the PS4.. apart from graphics which the PS4 has the edge its the same game. If I owned both I would buy the multiplatform games for the PS4 cause it has better graphics and only use the X1 for exclusives / other features.

I'm just curious why you do it the other way around? doesn't seem logical to me,

All of my friends and family have Xbox One's and Xbox Live, and I enjoy playing with friends and family. I am also not bothered by the pixel differences, and I prefer the Xbox One controller, and the ability to snap apps in game.

All of my friends and family have Xbox One's and Xbox Live, and I enjoy playing with friends and family. I am also not bothered by the pixel differences, and I prefer the Xbox One controller, and the ability to snap apps in game.

What apps do you snap while playing a game?

What apps do you snap while playing a game?

I generally have Internet Explorer snapped. Most of the time it's playing Pandora while I game. Sometimes I snap game forums for assistance while in a game. Otherwise, my woman watches TV snapped while I play.

We have both Xbox One and PS4. We have reasonable number of games for both consoles, Forza, Titanfall, Fifa, Plants vs Zombies, Assassins Creed Black Flag, dead rising and Lego Marvel on the XB1 and Battlefield 4, Killzone, Tombraider, Call of duty Ghosts, injustice gods among us, trials evolution, Need for speed: Rivals and Infamous Second son on the PS4.

The exclusives for XboxOne that we have Forza and Titanfall are both decent enough, but Titanfall is so overrated - i love FPS titles and lost interest in this after just one night! Graphically a bit flaky, game load times slow, unbalanced frantic game play with a mix of useless bots and pro gamers. I played games like COD:modern warfare and Gears 1 on the Xbox 360 for months and months night after night, so really disappointing.

The only must have exclusive for the PS4 is Infamous Second son - a stunning looking game. The others are all good, but nothing really nextgen like Infamous. All future multi-platform games will be bought for PS4 because it is more powerful and games run at better resolutions and frame rates on it. (We bought COD:Ghosts for Xbox One on launch, completed it on Veteran then traded it in for the same game on PS4. To date it is still the most played title on either platform. (Watch dogs is pre-ordered for PS4 and i really looking forward to that).

Neither consoles get a fraction of the usage that the trustee Xbox 360 slim does, simply because neither are feature complete yet. We still can't plug in a usb drive into either console and play a video file off them!! I really dislike both interfaces, the Xbox One dynamic interface is over complicated (the 360 was great!)  and the over simple looking PS4 interface has you scrolling around for miles left and right if you have a few titles installed. Both Kinect and the PS camera are pointless additions that offer nothing worthwhile and currently neither consoles have much in way of demos or arcade or indie titles available for them yet either. Just a very small number of apps.

In all honesty, i wish i had waited 12 month before buying a next gen console, that way i could probably have got away with just buying one of them (the PS4) rather than the two and saved a small fortune in the process.

Alfie

We have both Xbox One and PS4. We have reasonable number of games for both consoles, Forza, Titanfall, Fifa, Plants vs Zombies, Assassins Creed Black Flag, dead rising and Lego Marvel on the XB1 and Battlefield 4, Killzone, Tombraider, Call of duty Ghosts, injustice gods among us, trials evolution, Need for speed: Rivals and Infamous Second son on the PS4.

The exclusives for XboxOne that we have Forza and Titanfall are both decent enough, but Titanfall is so overrated - i love FPS titles and lost interest in this after just one night! Graphically a bit flaky, game load times slow, unbalanced frantic game play with a mix of useless bots and pro gamers. I played games like COD:modern warfare and Gears 1 on the Xbox 360 for months and months night after night, so really disappointing.

The only must have exclusive for the PS4 is Infamous Second son - a stunning looking game. The others are all good, but nothing really nextgen like Infamous. All future multi-platform games will be bought for PS4 because it is more powerful and games run at better resolutions and frame rates on it. (We bought COD:Ghosts for Xbox One on launch, completed it on Veteran then traded it in for the same game on PS4. To date it is still the most played title on either platform. (Watch dogs is pre-ordered for PS4 and i really looking forward to that).

Neither consoles get a fraction of the usage that the trustee Xbox 360 slim does, simply because neither are feature complete yet. We still can't plug in a usb drive into either console and play a video file off them!! I really dislike both interfaces, the Xbox One dynamic interface is over complicated (the 360 was great!)  and the over simple looking PS4 interface has you scrolling around for miles left and right if you have a few titles installed. Both Kinect and the PS camera are pointless additions that offer nothing worthwhile and currently neither consoles have much in way of demos or arcade or indie titles available for them yet either. Just a very small number of apps.

In all honesty, i wish i had waited 12 month before buying a next gen console, that way i could probably have got away with just buying one of them (the PS4) rather than the two and saved a small fortune in the process.

Alfie

Buyers remorse is quite common with next gen consoles, usually due to weak 1st year libraries and as we've seen this time around lacking 80% of the features of the previous consoles. After E3 ~ September/October this year is probably realistically a better time to buy IMO.

My PS3 is on far more than my PS4, and in a way that does suck. DLNA support would help... getting rather annoyed waiting on it coming. Really hope it's at E3.

Buyers remorse is quite common with next gen consoles, usually due to weak 1st year libraries and as we've seen this time around lacking 80% of the features of the previous consoles. After E3 ~ September/October this year is probably realistically a better time to buy IMO.

My PS3 is on far more than my PS4, and in a way that does suck. DLNA support would help... getting rather annoyed waiting on it coming. Really hope it's at E3.

No buyer's remorse here, very grateful that i was still alive when they came out so i got a chance to enjoy them...and there's plenty to enjoy as well. It's all a matter of perspective i guess :)

The Machinima app is another good one to use while gaming, especially if your looking for tips on beating parts of a game. It can be really helpful.

I generally have Internet Explorer snapped. Most of the time it's playing Pandora while I game. Sometimes I snap game forums for assistance while in a game. Otherwise, my woman watches TV snapped while I play.

I just use an ipad to browse while playing a game (If I'm looking for guides or tips on how to pass something), too much effort using a controller to type and I don't like having a keyboard lying around just to type in web addresses. As for snapping TV I couldn't play without sound and I wouldn't expect anyone to watch TV without sound either so snapping tv over a game wouldn't work for me. The PS4 has the remote play via the PS Vita where you can play your PS4 games while someone else uses the TV but that wouldn't work for me either as the screen is too small I'd rather just get another tv.

Alfie

Was the differences between COD on X1 and PS4 very noticeable or just slightly?

I just use an ipad to browse while playing a game (If I'm looking for guides or tips on how to pass something), too much effort using a controller to type and I don't like having a keyboard lying around just to type in web addresses. As for snapping TV I couldn't play without sound and I wouldn't expect anyone to watch TV without sound either so snapping tv over a game wouldn't work for me. The PS4 has the remote play via the PS Vita where you can play your PS4 games while someone else uses the TV but that wouldn't work for me either as the screen is too small I'd rather just get another tv.

Was the differences between COD on X1 and PS4 very noticeable or just slightly?

The only thing I noticed was distant scenery, things like powerlines could be screen further away without becoming a broken jagged line. 

• Like 1