America Fights smartguns

Oh I thought this was something like the smart pistol in Titanfall. That would be a nice weapon.

the technology exist, but I believe only for rifles so far, and not quite as flexible and smart as that. But they're strictly military and prototype officially I believe. 

None of which is any reason to just suppress the technology before it's even had a chance to become safe and reliable.

>

"Safety" techs for weapons that are not ready for prime time should never be put on the market until they're fully vetted. This one isn't, it introduces new problems, and wishful thinking won't change that.

threatening? who's doing that?

Did you read the articles the OP posted? (What am I saying? Of course you didn't, otherwise you would know what I was referring to)

Engage Armament announced it would start carrying the iP1 on May 1st. It backpedaled less than 24 hours later, after gun-rights advocates lashed out on Facebook and called the store, threatening to shoot Raymond, his girlfriend, and his dog

"Safety" techs for weapons that are not ready for prime time should never be put on the market until they're fully vetted. This one isn't, it introduces new problems, and wishful thinking won't change that.

So don't buy it. don't threaten to burn down the stores or kill the store owners who sell them to those who do want to buy them. 

Come now Doc. If NASA had had that attitude in the 60's, we'd still be reaching for the moon!

You of all people should know that tech doesn't advance unless someone is using it and working out the bugs.

Wonder what it would be like to have them hacked. Gun either not working anymore for you, or firing for no reason.... I hate to think about the license cost for virus/spyware/malware scanning of a firearm. Good thing swords and daggers still just work.... lol

This is America, you honestly expect any meaningful attempt to improve firearm safety to pass?

So don't buy it. don't threaten to burn down the stores or kill the store owners who sell them to those who do want to buy them. 

Gee Doc, Did you actually threaten to burn down the stores or kill the store owners who sell them??  :woot: 

Wonder what it would be like to have them hacked. Gun either not working anymore for you, or firing for no reason.... I hate to think about the license cost for virus/spyware/malware scanning of a firearm. Good thing swords and daggers still just work.... lol

Since when do they self fire? As far as I knew, they were just smart safety devices, to prevent firing...

Yes, and I have made several citizens arrests and have stated as much here several times. You?

I didn't see the posts sorry.  Simply making an arrest does not mean you actually fired the weapon. The question was "have you discharged your gun at a person"? (either to submit him to surrender) 

Gee Doc, Did you actually threaten to burn down the stores or kill the store owners who sell them?? :woot:

No, but some drunken yay-hoo did so the anti-gunners will try to paint everyone of the opposite persuesion with it and a broad brush. Bloody typical of those who don't have anything but opinion on their side.

It won't fire automatically, since you still need to pull the trigger. 

No, but some drunken yay-hoo did so the anti-gunners will try to paint everyone of the opposite persuesion with it and a broad brush. Bloody typical of those who don't have anything but opinion on their side.

ummm, the whole NRA had a huge campaign against these stores just because they where going to sell a gun they didn't need to buy. 

they should make a smart knife that goes limp noodle when some one not the owner picks it up lol

Except it wasn't "a drunken yay-hoo", was it? If it was one guy I'd agree that the issue was being exaggerated by one side to make the other look bad.

So while the bugs get worked out everyone should carry a weapon with a high probability of malfunction? Apply that to electronic steering on cars, which was only recently allowed on the street after decades of development with numerous troubles.

The fact is that small arms electronic fire control of all kinds have a LONG history of failure, sometimes not discharging when they should and other times going off when they shouldn't because of an RF or magnetic field spike.

No thanks.

Then don't buy it. The fact is law enforcement do want these guns the NMA(National Manufacturers Association) doesn't want it. They want everyone even nut cases and ex cons to own guns, no restrictions. Which is all about money.

ummm, the whole NRA had a huge campaign against these stores just because they where going to sell a gun they didn't need to buy. 

Great, so quit confusing two things into one thing. They had anti smart gun campaigns, AND there were some stupid people threatening to do stuff. Quit lumping them both together with your wording.

Suddenly all idiotic internet threats are OMG serious, double lol @ people saying the NRA was calling for these threats.

I seem to recall morons sending death threats to BioWare because they didn't like the ending to Mass Effect 3, a female publisher got death threats just for putting a game up on Steam, heck every week a new story about someone in the game industry receiving death threats over something stupid arises. I guess all gamers should be classified as terrorists.

Suddenly all idiotic internet threats are OMG serious, double lol @ people saying the NRA was calling for these threats.

I seem to recall morons sending death threats to BioWare because they didn't like the ending to Mass Effect 3, a female publisher got death threats just for putting a game up on Steam, heck every week a new story about someone in the game industry receiving death threats over something stupid arises. I guess all gamers should be classified as terrorists.

Well we are, just look how many imaginary people we've killed :D