Corsair Carbide 200R - weird motherboard standoff locations?

Hi guys,

My Corsair Carbide 200R just arrived that I will be using in my first build very shortly when the rest of the stuff comes.

However, I am a little apprehensive about one of the screws in the centre of the tray --- should I remove it?

I am only worried as I am using a full ATX motherboard (ASRock FM2A88X Extreme4+) and I noticed a moment ago whilst watching LinusTechTips' review of this case that he said "Be very careful of this, this could short out an ATX motherboard" in reference to this screw.

post-514269-0-31975500-1399402786.jpg

Actually, upon trying to remove it doesn't seem all that easy -- is a special tool required or something?

Please help,

Ilmiont

Well spotted. Yes, if there isn't a screw hole to match (and it is there only for certain mATX boards), you need to remove it. Use a nut driver or even pliers, if necessary.

I don't remember seeing this on 200R myself, but well...

OK thanks mate... just need to find a tool to do it. Are all the other screws/standoffs looking OK to support an ATX 'board?

Just don't want to put it in there, turn it on and find the case shorted it... Only thing bad about the case so far

Also, taking cue from server boards, I'd recommend using some improvised pads (of non-conductive material) on the right side of the board to avoid bending it too much when forcing in the ATX24 or changing memory sticks.

OK thanks mate... just need to find a tool to do it. Are all the other screws/standoffs looking OK to support an ATX 'board?

Just don't want to put it in there, turn it on and find the case shorted it... Only thing bad about the case so far

Short is kind of the wrong word. You'd have a chance at grounding it, but actually shorting and wrecking the board is far-fetched.

No, shorting is exactly what those standoffs do when placed in a wrong place.

Hello,

You might want to consider replacing the metal standoff with a non-conductive nylon one in order to better support your motherboard.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky