Last year's arrival of Pok?mon X & Y on the 3DS brought the hugely successful franchise to a new generation of hardware, but Nintendo and The Pok?mon Company is wasting no time in bringing more titles to the system. A sudden press release has announced Pok?mon Omega Ruby & Pok?mon Alpha Sapphire, exclusive to 3DS and 2DS and with a worldwide arrival in November this year.

Described as a "fresh take" on Pok?mon Ruby & Sapphire from the Game Boy Advance, the following is promised in terms of delivering a new adventure.

Pok?mon Omega Ruby and Pok?mon Alpha Sapphire are a fresh take on Pok?mon Ruby and Pok?mon Sapphire, which launched in 2003 and were fan-favourite hits on the Game Boy Advance system. The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/05/pokemon_omega_ruby_and_pokemon_alpha_sapphire_confirmed_for_worldwide_3ds_launch_in_november

And I think I just found one of my daughter's Christmas gifts. She went nuts over X and Y.

Nice (Y) I never played the GBA games so I'll definitely be picking up Omega Ruby.

I've never played the GBA ones either. I skipped those and the ds games before soulsilver. I'll probably get sapphire myself.

Also, i hope gamefreak does a bit of improving on their engine in this game. Cause X/Y had a lot of framerate issues even without 3d turned on.

was wondering when they would get to remaking the ruby/sapphire gen

can't wait :)

Nice. I can tell that for me these will be the first good Polemon games since Heart Gold / Soul Silver. Since then things have been meh.

• 4 weeks later...

Spoiler Alert, turn back now

Ok, so the Japanese magazine CoroCoro (which is known for revealing brand new information) has been scanned in this month with a bunch of new information, most notably there are

new Mega Evolutions, and the box-art legendaries are known as Primal/Prehistoric versions. We also see new character designs for the player characters, Steven Stone and Team Aqua/Magma.

C3aN93o.jpg

4tBsWR5.jpg

6Xs3buR.jpg

A6N2mNy.jpg

Mega Sceptile - Grass/Dragon - Lightningrod

Mega Swampert - Water/Ground - Swift Swim

Mega Diancie - Rock/Fairy - ???

We might get a new trailer later today as well depending what Nintendo do for their E3 online Direct.