Photo

[Updated] DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition

driveclub evolution studios sony computer entertainment ps4 sony playstation plus ps+

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 08 May 2014 - 22:01

I'm amazed Sony is really trying this. considering how much positive goodwill they have built up, it seems strange they would try this, which is why I thought it was a typo or something.

I guess Sony wants to test the waters and see if this is accepted. The question is, do they change policies before it launches due to the internet backlash, or will they take the heat in order to see if sales paint a different picture.

#17 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:47

The issue isn't the upgrade, the issue is losing access to the game when your PS+ sub expires.

When you buy a game with a PS+ discount, it is yours to keep regardless if your sub expires. With Driveclub, you will lose access to the game when your sub expires, even though you've paid to upgrade to the full game.

Hopefully they respond to the backlash and change it :no:

Yes, i understand the issue. For $10 off it is definitely not worth it, and sounds like a bad idea. I'm sure it will be scrapped. Besides, most of us will likely get the full version anyway. I am really more worried about that car count. We don't need a thousand, but 50 is really too low, even if there are 55 tracks (which is massive). Might be the first racing game since Daytona USA with more tracks than cars :|

#18 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:54

UPDATE: Our priority for DRIVECLUB is to enable you to play and enjoy everything it has to offer and PlayStation  recognises that the prior plan for DRIVECLUB entitlement for the upgrade to the PS Plus edition was not appropriate. As a result, we have adjusted the PlayStation Plus terms for DRIVECLUB.

Now, If you intend on downloading DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition, and upgrading to the full game experience, you will have access to the full game even if your PlayStation Plus subscription runs out.

http://blog.eu.plays...n-plus-edition/

GG Sony (Y)

#19 OP MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:33

Normal service has been resumed. (Y) I suspect most people here will still buy the physical edition though; you'd only be saving £6 buying the digital upgrade.

#20 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:34

I really have to hand it to them, they do absolutely seem to listen to negative feedback and address it.

#21 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:50

Well that's a relief. The only issue remaining was who's idea brought the policy about? Sony or Evolution studios? We may never know.

#22 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:55

I still really think the original "plan" was a just miscommunication or poorly worded press release. But I'm glad it has been officially cleared up either way.

#23 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 09 May 2014 - 16:31

I still really think the original "plan" was a just miscommunication or poorly worded press release. But I'm glad it has been officially cleared up either way.

Maybe but this shows why it is pointless to be an absolute shill for your favourite company. When they do something crappy join the train in critizing and changes can be made (Y)

#24 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 09 May 2014 - 16:31

2 new videos shared today.

Looking pretty damn good to me. The amount of detail in the background and environment really is impressive. The lighting looks fantastic. Sure some jaggies can be seen upon close inspection, however they are nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I will say though I am slightly disappointed in the fact the driving itself does not seem very arcade like at all.

#25 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 09 May 2014 - 17:06

I agree DL. I think it looks pretty good, but I'm a little disappointed it's leaning towards the sim side of the scale rather than the arcade side. I'm not one for racers in general, especially sims. I was hoping for something more laid-back.

#26 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 09 May 2014 - 18:30

2 new videos shared today.

Looking pretty damn good to me. The amount of detail in the background and environment really is impressive. The lighting looks fantastic. Sure some jaggies can be seen upon close inspection, however they are nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I will say though I am slightly disappointed in the fact the driving itself does not seem very arcade like at all.

FF14? Sloppy Larry :p

#27 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 10 May 2014 - 00:06

Great news for sure. Nice 180 for Sony, listening to feedback and making the change.

These companies should not be afraid of reacting in a positive way.

Now everyone can move on and look forward to the game.

#28 0nyX

0nyX

Posting from Apple //c

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:47

Anyone else noticed the horizontal lines on the ground when for example you drive from street to gravel? Its like the sections are not bordered as in real life but they are instead square sections of blocks with different texture.

#29 Polonium

Polonium

Neowinian

Posted 10 May 2014 - 13:08

Massively compressed videos so difficult to make a real call on just how good it will look. Roll on HQ feeds

#30 Kvally

Kvally

Neowin Veteran

• Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 12 May 2014 - 17:41

Great news for sure. Nice 180 for Sony, listening to feedback and making the change.

These companies should not be afraid of reacting in a positive way.

Now everyone can move on and look forward to the game.

I thought that 180's were a BAD thing....must be a good thing now ;)

I was buying the retail version anyway, so this wouldn't have affected me. But great news none the less!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!