260 posts in this topic

Posted

As some have said. I fully appreciate claim for better working conditions. But better pay? If you want more money then apply for another job.

Posted

Protesters arrested in pay fight at McDonald's HQ
_h366_w650_m6_otrue_lfalse.jpg  Reuters: Jim Young
?Demonstrators clash with police during a protest at McDonald's headquarters in Oak Brook, Illinois, May 21, 2014. Workers were calling for higher wages and better work conditions.
_h17_w0_m6_otrue_lfalse.jpg 13 min agoBy CANDICE CHOI and PRIYA SRIDHAR of Associated Press

OAK BROOK, Ill. (AP)

Posted

The SEIU has been providing financial and organizational support to the fast-food protests, which began in late 2012 in New York City and have been spreading to other cities and countries.

Typical SEIU tactics. They deliberately create a situation police have to respond to in order to garner PR and sympathy. Goons who use intimidation and threats when they don't get their way.

(I can say this because I was an SEIU local official in my college days. After a while I realized what it was really about: power - not the workers, and I quit.)

Posted

Police arrested 110 protesters Wednesday outside McDonald's corporate campus.

The group of protesters had marched up the driveway of McDonald's sprawling campus in suburban Chicago. They were met by about 250 law enforcement officers, including state police in riot gear, and were asked to leave. When they refused, the strikers were taken into custody, according to the Oak Brook police department in Illinois.

I hope everyone of them is fired and banned for life.

Posted

Guess these 110 protesters don't realize what a franchise is...

McDonalds corporate doesn't own the vast majority of McDonalds restaurants in the world. They also don't control the wages at any of those restaurants too.

1 person likes this

Posted

The group of protesters had marched up the driveway of McDonald's sprawling campus in suburban Chicago. They were met by about 250 law enforcement officers, including state police in riot gear, and were asked to leave. When they refused, the strikers were taken into custody, according to the Oak Brook police department in Illinois.

I hope everyone of them is fired and banned for life.

I don't think bring banned from McDonald's would be a bad thing :p

Also, 250 cops for 110 peaceful protesters? You'd think this have something better to do.

Posted

The best way to discourage union mob violence and its tendency to damage private property is to oppose it with an overwhelming counter-force. If that doesn't work, knock heads.

Let me explain,

the SEIU has its own version of the NAZI brownshorts, known as the Blue Shirts.

If a Democrat congressman is having a hard time defending his actions at a local Town Hall forum busloads of the Blue Shirts show up, crowd into the hall and shout down the dissenters. If there's a second session they will muscle into the hall, preventing locals from entering.

This happened in a small city near here named Romulus in 2009. In the first session Rep. John Dingall (D) was in trouble over voting for Obamacare.

The intermission was prolonged, and just before session 2 started in pulls 3 buses full of Blue Shirts. Well over 100 of them streamed into the Town Hall, crowding out locals and shutting down any discomfort Rep. Dingall may have experienced.

Posted

Good, we need these workers to do the strike for a entire month so people can find better and healthy alternatives to eat.

Posted

Good, we need these workers to do the strike for a entire month so people can find better and healthy alternatives to eat.

yeah, because there isn't hundreds of alternate restaurants and fast food places to go to I can name at least 20 off the top of my head....

Posted

McDonald's CEO: Fast food leads to 'real careers'
_h366_w650_m6_otrue_lfalse.jpg  AP Photo: M. Spencer Green
Hundreds of workers, organizers, and supporters gather outside of the McDonald's Corporation Thursday, May 22, 2014, in Oak Brook, Ill., protesting for a $15 an hour wage and the right to unionize.
_h17_w0_m6_otrue_lfalse.jpg 2 hr agoBy CANDICE CHOI of Associated Press

OAK BROOK, Ill. (AP)