Demonoid is being bocked by Google

Google finally blocked Demonoid, well for a couple days now.  News just got caught on for some reason and Neowin didn't even take notice of this. :)

I am not using the site but I check once a day or so to see the progress.  Lately, Firefox and Waterfox would block the site from showing on the browser.  If you are using Firefox, check it out.  Here's more news concerning Demonoid.

It's not really news..

This type of block it very common on sites that use adverts from less than A+ providers.. It'll be sorted out in a few days.

well, most reputable ads provider are pressured to not advertising on pirates sites or some random courts orders may confiscate their earning.

People still use demonoid?

I do, for wallpapers, and I know the biggest use of sites like that are for illegal purposes, but there are some legal uses, (and it saves me a bucket load of time gathering images of specific size and quality to use as wallpapers via google..)

I do, for wallpapers, and I know the biggest use of sites like that are for illegal purposes, but there are some legal uses, (and it saves me a bucket load of time gathering images of specific size and quality to use as wallpapers via google..)

I just use google images lol.

Search options > Image Size > Exactly 1920x1080

Color options > <whatever I'm feeling like>

Search term > "Awesome", "Cool", "Girls", "Cars", "Cats", "Cucumbers"

Things like that.

I just use google images lol.

Search options > Image Size > Exactly 1920x1080

Color options > <whatever I'm feeling like>

Search term > "Awesome", "Cool", "Girls", "Cars", "Cats", "Cucumbers"

Things like that.

I like to be surprised :)

and am lazy (having to download individual files :p )

Thanks Big Brother

Nothing to do with BB.  I got exactly the same on an anime streaming site several days ago. It persisted for about 4 days, then went away.  I guess they sorted out the rogue ad, so it's likely the same thing. Not so much the site, but a rogue ad ON the site.

And this is why I flat out refuse to do without ABP/NoScript.  It's not just annoyances but no site can guarantee 100% safety when it comes to ads.. it's a matter of security.

Yeah.  True.  I think I need to install the "NoScript" addons too.

UPDATE:

Not that it's news any more or if it's anyone concern about this old torrent site but it is now out of Google block list and it is open for registration.  Ryoken, Torolol, and compl3x was right.