Florida woman has neighbors' mobile home demolished

When a 62-year-old St. Johns County woman decided she didn?t like the sort of people who had been living next door, a bulldozer solved the problem.

Except the demolished trailer wasn?t hers. :huh:

The woman told a heavy equipment operator she owned the trailer on Dusty Road and wanted it and its septic tank destroyed, according to her arrest report.

She had a key and showed the contractor no one was currently living there before he started work Monday.

But then the owner showed up. And a deputy was called.

Ana Maria Moreta Folch was charged with criminal mischief, a third-degree felony.

Maria Gottfried told the deputy she had owned the mobile home since 2006. She said she had never had any disputes with Moreta Folch but had never given her a key. A man who said he was Gottfried?s husband returned a call from the Times-Union Thursday and declined to talk about the case. A message left at a number for Moreta Folch, who was released Wednesday on $10,000 bail, was not immediately returned Thursday.

The arrest report said Moreta Folch had the trailer bulldozed because people who had lived there were unsavory and she suspected they had broken into her car. She said she considered it a favor to her neighborhood.

Damage was estimated at $25,000.

source

They should make the old Cow move out of her current property and allow those that lost their home to move into her property free off all charges.

When the old Cow has replaced the trailer to a satisfactory standard then they can swap over.

The old Cow should pay those that had their destroyed $50,000 in compensation also.

I don't like 4 of my 5 neighbours, however I won't have their homes demolished.

It's hell getting old. My Dad has talked about doing this to his "loud music" neighbors but the difference is he would never act on it.  :D