Here, are seven favorite places to run into an alien in the United States.

Sedona, Arizona

The city is full of vortex sites that allegedly increase and concentrate the earth?s energy. These energy fields attract Zen-types looking for a spiritual awakening and UFO?s looking for ? who knows what? Kim Carlsberg is a UFO researcher who facilitates nightly sky tours in the area. Her website claims that every tour sees a UFO, but even if you don?t, you?ll at least leave Sedona with your aura aligned. :alien:

Dundee, Wisconsin

Ever meet a man who is half-alien? Want to? Dundee experiences so many UFO sightings that locals host an event every July called ?UFO Daze,? to talk about their sightings. They congregate at a local bar called ?Benson?s Hideaway,? and its owner, Bill Benson, couldn?t be prouder of his extraterrestrial clientele. ?We have a guy who claims he?s an alien,? Benson boasts. ?Some of the other guys claim they?ve been up in the ships and so forth ? and I can?t say they haven?t. It sure sounds convincing!? :alien:

Rachel, Nevada

Forget Route 66, Highway 375 is the place to get your kicks! Nicknamed ?Extraterrestrial Highway,? this stretch of road in Rachel?located just 25 miles south of Nevada?s infamous ?Area 51??is a hot bed for alien activity. UFO seekers flock here from near and far, and locals take pride in the history of their city. There?s even a popular bar and grill called ?Little A?Le?Inn?. :alien:

Westmoreland, Pennsylvania

In 1965, an orange metallic object fell from the sky and landed in Kecksburg, Pennsylvania. Several people in the community saw it, but whatever ?It? was got swooped away by the military, never to be seen again. Nearly 50 years later, locals in Westmoreland County are still reporting regular sightings?from triangle-shaped hovercrafts to large spinning objects. :alien:

Mount Adams, Washington

Mount Adams is a stratovolcano located in Yakima County, Washington- an area that regularly ranks in the top five for UFO sightings per capita. Snuggled in the base of the mountain is a small ranch owned by James Gilliland, who says that running into a UFO is not a rare occurrence. ?Ships come here almost every night,? says Gilliland. ?I just filmed some yesterday.? :alien:

114ed4f3fcdb0fee8cc04c1d056d0bb0772abd5f

San Luis Valley, Colorado

In 2000, Judy Messoline set up an UFO watchtower on her property in San Luis Valley, an area that has been populated with UFO stories since the 1600?s. Judy has reported seeing quick-moving lights, bizarre cigar-shaped objects, and flying saucers. And for a $2 admission fee, you can join Judy and witness the spectacular show in the sky for yourself. ?I like to share this experience with other people,? says Messoline. ?It?s nice to know I?m not hallucinating.? :alien:

e6ac6e98479cfbfc4d482fed18db4a4eb910a7c4

Dulce, New Mexico

It?s rumored that there?s a secret underground facility below the Archuleta Mesa, where aliens and human beings work side-by-side to carry out experiments. Fueling the rumor is the fact that, from time to time, odd lights can be seen hovering above the mesa. There?s no real proof of its existence, but if you?re brave, try hanging out near the mesa and maybe you?ll catch an alien on a smoke break. :alien:

more & photos

Sounds like a lot of people making some tourism dollars off of alleged UFO sightings. Clever.

• Like 1

Folk who believe in aliens and all that jazz don't bother me all that much. A little misguided, and have a tendency to present flimsy evidence to justify their claims, but as a person who loves sci-fi, space, astronomy etc. I can understand the desire to contact other life.

But it is just that, a desire.