So I've been running my new build for a day now and I finally end up being bothered to install 8.1 Update 1...
Anyway, I've tried so many times now but to no avail.
Every time it downloads successfully, "prepares for installation" successfully and then says "Installing update" for around 10 minutes. Then it fails with error code 70080002. Every time.
I have restarted the computer so many times and deleted the contents of DataStore and Download in the Windows/SoftwareDistribution folder countless times. It still won't download... its so frustrating as I'm on <3Mb/s internet so it takes ages to download each time and then it fails.
Internet not proving to be incredibly helpful on this one and I'm getting rather frustrated.