Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Access points for home

89 posts in this topic

Posted

Have had a skim through the last two pages, so sorry if I missed it, but what controller version are you running neufuse?  I too had an issue with the 2.x version that is on the website not listening on port 8080. After chatting to tech support they pointed me at the latest 3.x beta version, which works fine. Additionally, I had power issues with my APs until they were updated with the matching 3.x firmware from the controller. Currently 3.1.12.

post-64792-0-11129000-1400703542.png

Posted

Have had a skim through the last two pages, so sorry if I missed it, but what controller version are you running neufuse?  I too had an issue with the 2.x version that is on the website not listening on port 8080. After chatting to tech support they pointed me at the latest 3.x beta version, which works fine. Additionally, I had power issues with my APs until they were updated with the matching 3.x firmware from the controller. Currently 3.1.12.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

2.4.5 was what came with it, it firmware updated to 2.4.6 and the controller is also running it... I'll have to try the beta firmware out

not sure where you get the beta firmware at, I assume they restrict it to people they approve?

Posted

At present it's in a private forum, but the download link was available to all. Let me see if I can get it for you...

Here you go...

http://www.ubnt.com/downloads/unifi/3.1.12/UniFi-installer.exe

Probably best read the upgrade FAQ for v2 to v3 upgrades too...

http://wiki.ubnt.com/UniFi_FAQ#v2_-.3E_v3_migration

New Features Introduced in V3

Multi-site management, read-only admin support

• Instead of running multiple controllers, now you can use one controller to manage multiple sites.
  • Each site has its own configurations, maps, statistics, guest portals and is logically separated.
  • Moreover, you can delegate administrative rights (readonly/readwrite) to other people.

Seamless Roaming - Zero-Handoff

• Running radios on the same channel with the same BSSID. No controller is required for its operation.

WLAN Groups

• Now you can create multiple WLAN groups and assign them to an AP's radio.

Other Features

• Rogue AP detection
  • more descriptive email alerts
  • basic SNMP support
  • enhanced load balancing per radio
  • voucher customization
  • additional payment gateway support (Stripe, QuickPay, Authorized.Net, MerchantWarrior)
  • ability to reset current statistic
  • allow the config to stay during uninstall for Windows
  • controller performance enhancement
  • Insights tab: Past Wireless Connections, Past Guest Authorizations
  • standard-based roaming support (PMK-Caching, Inter-AP communication)
  • Access Points tab: Config view, Performance view (footnote 1)
  • enhanced wireless uplink
  • UAP-Pro wireless uplink support (UAP-Pro can use its 5G as uplink or take 8 wireless downlinks)

From 3.1.1->3.1.9

• fix VLAN issue with wireless uplink
  • fix a few zero-handoff bugs
  • fix TX-Power calculation
  • fix RADIUS accounting byte/pkt count
  • rolling upgrading improvement
  • add QuickPay (Europe) and Authorized.Net (US, Canada, UK, Europe) support
  • fix UAP-AC (US version) 5G radio issue introduced in 3.1.2
  • add MerchantWarrior (Australia, New Zealand)
  • improve UAP stability and reliability
  • fix UAP-AC's 5G connectivity issue for newer MacBook Air with 11ac chip
  • fix Windows service launching issue with Java 7
  • improve Windows Installer upgrade
  • UI enhancements
  • Controller - all columns are now left aligned.
  • Controller - fix false error message when launching controller - "Startup Failed, port 8080 is used by another program".
  • Controller - fix the issue of unable to remove wireless uplink.
  • Controller - security enhancements (reported by Luca Carettoni).
  • Controller - avoid submitting 2+ times in default portal page where iOS devices will fail to be redirected.
  • Controller - add new configuration: whether to show up the pop-up dialog when an iOS device associating to a guest wlan.
  • Controller - fix the issue of controller shows wireless uplink in incorrect channel.
  • Controller - fix the wireless uplink issue where downlink ap stays in the disconnected state rather than isolated state.
  • Controller - fix AP dialog where Ethernet Activities is showing 0 B/sec.
  • Controller - add new configuration: allow to disable broadcast filter. Disabling it will degrade wlan performance.
  • UAP-AC - fix auto channel selection - previously if set it to HT80/Auto, the AP will be set in HT20.
  • UAP-AC - fix WEP issue where hex key fails whenever letter a-f being used in the key.
  • UAP-AC - stability improvement.
  • UAP-AC - include SSID in RADIUS attribute 'Called Station Identifier.'
  • UAP-AC - auto channel selection chooses only channels 1, 6 and 11.
  • UAP - remove DAD (duplicated address detection) arp.
  • UAP - fix fd/socket leakage.
  • UAP - fix the issue of selfrun_guest_mode=off configuration that is not working previously.
  • UAP - v3 stability improvements.
  • UAP - fix Realtek RTL8188CE issue.
  • UAP - allow to disable pmksa caching through config.
  • UAP-PRO - fix the issue of wireless uplink cannot be established in DFS channels.
  • UAP-PRO - fix wireless uplink issue using DFS channels where downlink PRO is stuck whenever uplink PRO restarts.
  • Controller - in Performance View, instead of showing "Num Clients" again, show 2G Clients and 5G clients.
  • Controller - fix the issue of Nokia Lumia 920 cannot connect to ZH wlan.
  • Controller - add the missing name/address fields for Stripe.
  • Controller - fix map upload problem.
  • Controller - fix the issue of deleting “

Posted

Yeah you just need to sign up for the beta, then its listed in downloads.. I was running unifi software on linux box, simple apt-get install unifi-beta and up and running. Then when connected my unifi AC, found it said it was older version, adopted it and then it upgraded and bing bang zoom.. Working as advertised sofar, still need to put it through some tests..

But got a 1300 rate on the recv when did simple test before once changed to 80..

I am very happy with in the day I have had it -- lets see how it runs for a week or to, see if have any outages, etc.

Posted

Yeah you just need to sign up for the beta, then its listed in downloads.. I was running unifi software on linux box, simple apt-get install unifi-beta and up and running. Then when connected my unifi AC, found it said it was older version, adopted it and then it upgraded and bing bang zoom.. Working as advertised sofar, still need to put it through some tests..

But got a 1300 rate on the recv when did simple test before once changed to 80..

I am very happy with in the day I have had it -- lets see how it runs for a week or to, see if have any outages, etc.

Let me know if you have any issues, I'm still thinking about getting the AC model. Figured if I waste $70 on the B/G/N one and hated it, it's only $70  :laugh:

Posted

Well I forgot about the killawatt til this morning, but plugged it in about 30 minutes ago

It's drawing 11.8 watts currently - I have it set to med and high. Run time meter shows 35 minutes but has not registered anything on the kwh yet, not even a .01

Let you know what it reads after say a couple of days and get a running total for cost of running per day, etc.

But this is pretty slick - I unplugged it and got this email

post-14624-0-68024700-1400755095.png

I show 5 devices currently connected, I can lower the power and see what it changes..  Let me try low and med - but I think a days total is better value to use..

edit:  So the EIRP dropped down to 12dbm and 18 for the 5ghz.. I still show it drawing 11.7-8..  I will change it back to my med/high setting..  I like to keep the 5ghz a bit higher to hopefully keep it look like better choice for connection, etc.  Or devices all seem to go over to the 2.4 because its a stronger signal, etc.

Posted

the beta firmware seems to work better for me since I updated to it, no more random "disconnected" states

1 person likes this

Posted

Well I forgot about the killawatt til this morning, but plugged it in about 30 minutes ago

It's drawing 11.8 watts currently - I have it set to med and high. Run time meter shows 35 minutes but has not registered anything on the kwh yet, not even a .01

Let you know what it reads after say a couple of days and get a running total for cost of running per day, etc.

But this is pretty slick - I unplugged it and got this email

attachicon.gifslick.png

I show 5 devices currently connected, I can lower the power and see what it changes..  Let me try low and med - but I think a days total is better value to use..

edit:  So the EIRP dropped down to 12dbm and 18 for the 5ghz.. I still show it drawing 11.7-8..  I will change it back to my med/high setting..  I like to keep the 5ghz a bit higher to hopefully keep it look like better choice for connection, etc.  Or devices all seem to go over to the 2.4 because its a stronger signal, etc.

have you tried the power saving mode at all to see if the wattage goes lower?

Posted

Are you talking about auto under power? I don't think this does anything of as of yet.

Are you talking about clients going into power saving mode? That is controlled at the client.

The little green leaf points out clients in power saving mode

post-14624-0-32005800-1400778255.png

If there is something else for some sort of power saving, let me know and sure will see if killawatt goes down in draw, etc.

Posted

Ah I thought the AP had the automatic power management features in it already, thought I read somewhere it could lower its wattage when it's not seeing any clients

Posted

Where did you read that? If so I don't think you have to turn it on? I pretty much always have something connected, phones, chromecast, etc. But sure if you send me info about it, or I can find it I will disconnect everything and see what happens.

Posted

It does lower and raise the wattage as shown in my previous posts.  The question is how much does it use on average vs peaks and lows. 

Posted

Well sofar, since I connected the killawatt its been on 13 hours 35 minutes and its 0.15 kwh.. Let you know what is tmrw morning..  

edit: Ok at 25:49 with 0.30 kwh.  At that rate lets call it 30x.3 = 9 khw for the month.. At roughly here in Schaumburg total bill last time I looked worked with taxes and everything to about 12.5 cents per kwh.. So to run this for a month your looking at hair over a buck ;) 1.125$

edti2:  BTW 5/25 3.1.13 is out - upgrade when very smooth..  Love it apt-get update and there you go never software.  Then in the software click upgrade on AP..

post-14624-0-12775900-1401020534.png

Update on power 73:18 hours and 0.86 kwh...  Pretty cheap to run..