Farmer mistook woman for Groundhog

^ yup. And not just for firearms. About 40 years ago I took an arrow in my upper arm because someone wasn't watching what he was doing. Fortunately not a broadhead, a small game point at long enough a range it barely penetrated the skin, but still.

Are you sure it wasn't to your knee? :p

• Like 2

No, the scar is on my left upper arm. Pretty sure it wasn't my knee. Glad as hell it was small game and not deer season or I'd have been hit with something like these,

Crossbow-Bolt-Broadheads.jpg

For god sake. If you don't know what it is you're aiming at, then you shouldn't even be aiming at all, whether he had bad eyesight or not, that's the law of the land.

No, the scar is on my left upper arm. Pretty sure it wasn't my knee. Glad as hell it was small game and not deer season or I'd have been hit with something like these,

Dude! You totally need to play more Skyrim! :p

I was sitting there, minding my own business with a blaze orange vest on, when WHAP! a bullet-point arrow is sticking out of my arm.

Pulled it out and was prepping my stitch kit to sew it closed when this idiot walks up looking for his arrow. I showed him the wound, broke the arrow, threw it at his feet then put my 12 guage automatic on my lap.

Never saw him again.

I was sitting there, minding my own business with a blaze orange vest on, when WHAP! a bullet-point arrow is sticking out of my arm.

Pulled it out and was prepping my stitch kit to sew it closed when this idiot walks up looking for his arrow. I showed him the wound, broke the arrow, threw it at his feet then put my 12 guage automatic on my lap.

Never saw him again.

OK you're no longer known as DocM around here.. Now you're Rambo! :p

(And the arrow to the knee is a joke reference to a well known line of dialogue in Skyrim, btw. :p )

I don't play video games, so the reference eluded me.

No big deal closing your own wounds for experienced hunters & campers in these parts, especially those of us who take a tent deep into the north woods for 2-4 weeks to relax & decompress. File under 'Basic Skills.'