Empathy FB chat not working

For some weird reason, the FB account that I have set up on Empathy doesn't want to login anymore. I get authentication failed, but the password for FB was never changed. I tried to change it and see if it works, but it's the same. 

What could be wrong?!

P.S. It's the same with Pidgin.

facebook probably changed their authentication system again breaking the 3rd party programs

facebook probably changed their authentication system again breaking the 3rd party programs

That's what I thought, so I tried with YM on Windows and it works there. So that's not it... :(

Working fine here on Pidgin for me.  Earlier today it disconnected me and said "Authentication failed", but when I noticed it I just hit re-enable and it logged right back in.  Are you getting any error messages?  Have you tried running Empathy or Pidgin from the terminal to see if it spits anything out when attempting to log in to Facebook?

Somehow the issue was fixed by itself. But there was a weird thing - on FB, while chatting with people, all my past messages up to today were replaced by "this message is not available anymore because it was mark as spam", or something like that. I was getting ###### off a lot, but after some time everything showed up as it was supposed to. So I thought I would give Empathy another try and this time it worked.

I still wonder what happened, even if it works now. It was really annoying, to say the least. 

Anyway, if nobody has more comments, thank you for the replies. :) Thread can be closed.