Photo

Anyone vape? Just started. Was so easy to quit smoking!

vaping smoking cigarettes

138 replies to this topic

#1 xdot.tk

xdot.tk

• 964 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:58

Going on 2 weeks now without a cigarette. Have absolutely no desire for one either.

If you're a smoker you just have to give vaping a go. You wont be sorry. You can get a decent starter kit for under $20.

I was blowing $250 a month on stinky ashes and killing myself.

#2 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,153 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:06

Totally with you!  I started, not out of any desire to quit, but rather that it just tasted nicer.  I have followed the media nonsense and all their arguments are based on OLDER vape tech.

As I say, I never "quit" smoking, but have a preference for vaping.  As such, every now and then I buy a packet of cigs - eg: When I haven't charged, or have lost my vape.

#3 cork1958

cork1958

Neowinian

• 8,083 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:08

Going on 2 weeks now without a cigarette. Have absolutely no desire for one either.

If you're a smoker you just have to give vaping a go. You wont be sorry. You can get a decent starter kit for under $20.

I was blowing $250 a month on stinky ashes and killing myself.

And now you're just killing yourself with who knows what is in them and I don't see how changing from 1 habit to another of this type is really that beneficial, other than the smell?

My 2 older brothers and 1 sister are all hooked on these things and all 3 of them have their vaporizers in their mouth so much they can't talk without having to pull it out first, then right back in the face it goes! Probably getting 100 times the nicotine they used to when smoking cigs! My oldest brother, who was the first one to get one of these, sucks on his so often, you can see the nicotine stain on his lip!

None of them have gotten a starter kit for any where near $20! Where did you find a good one at for that price?

BTW,

All 3 of them cheat and smoke when ever not around their better halves!! :)

#4 OP xdot.tk

xdot.tk

• 964 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:12

:rolleyes: I smoked full strength cigarettes and ordered high nicotine at first and it was way too strong. I'm on the lows now and plan on going to zero nicotine.

$19.95

EDIT: BTW, nicotine is not harmful. It's kinda like coffee. Do you hate Starbucks too?

#5 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,314 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 113

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:12

You're basically just improving your nicotine delivery system, therefore increasing your tolerance and strengthening the addiction.

Wait, zero nicotine? You just like the taste?

#6 cork1958

cork1958

Neowinian

• 8,083 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:15

:rolleyes: I smoked full strength cigarettes and ordered high nicotine at first and it was way too strong. I'm on the lows now and plan on going to zero nicotine.

$19.95

I do wish you the best of luck in your attempt to quit as anyone knows not smoking is definitely beneficial! :)

#7 OP xdot.tk

xdot.tk

• 964 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:15

@D. S., It's a habit mostly but they make great tasting e-liquids.

#8 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,555 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:16

But if you're going to do it, at least this way the smoke isn't as harmful to others--plus it doesn't smell or leave yellow gunky stains.

Ideally, one would choose the low nicotine one, then the flavoured-only, and try to wean themselves off the addiction altogether. But if someone is going to keep up the nicotine, I think this is a MUCH better way to do it. Nicotine alone isn't nearly as harmful as nicotine + all the other crap in cigarettes.

#9 cork1958

cork1958

Neowinian

• 8,083 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:16

You're basically just improving your nicotine delivery system, therefore increasing your tolerance and strengthening the addiction.

Yep,

That's the goal! Get hooked on those expensive juices! Might as well just buy a bag of sugar free candy and suck on a candy when ever you need to smoke! Would be cheaper!

#10 Raa

Raa

Resident president

• 12,741 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:17

I've never smoked in my life, but I bought "Choccy Mud Cake" and quite enjoy it! (No nicotine)

Oh and it doesn't set off smoke alarms. *cough*

#11 OP xdot.tk

xdot.tk

• 964 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:18

Yep,

That's the goal! Get hooked on those expensive juices! Might as well just buy a bag of sugar free candy and suck on a candy when ever you need to smoke! Would be cheaper!

They are not expensive. Like $2 for 10ml.

EDIT: The price will definitely go up now that the FDA has stepped in. It's a good thing though. We need regulation to make sure there's nothing bad mixed in with the PG or VG.

#12 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• 2,869 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:20

how come if the OP is planning to the exact inverse of what you said??

#13 OP xdot.tk

xdot.tk

• 964 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:26

Just want to add that even though it's still in its infancy, I would bet a good chunk of money that if every smoker in the world stopped and turned to vaping, the planets health care costs worldwide would plummet by 20% at least. Think what that could do!

If you have a friend or loved one that smokes, the best thing you can do it tell him to try vaping. Even IF they find some harmful effects, it cant be as bad as cigarettes. It's just flavoring and 2 substances approved by the FDA.

#14 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• 4,710 posts
  • Phone: HTC One (Home) Lumia 1020 (Work)

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:31

Been vaping for 3 or 4 years now after smoking for ~25 or so.  Feel a lot better and save a ton of coin in the process. Tastes better too.. once you get used to it. Took a while to get to the point where I could stay off of cigs, now they make me ill smelling them.  One of these days need to work my way down to 0mg and quit for good.

#15 OP xdot.tk

xdot.tk

• 964 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:38

Both my parents smoked Salems non-stop so one day my older brother got me and my younger brother to go out back and try it. I was 11 and have smoked ever since! It's wasn't to be cool or anything like that. I would hide in the backyard smoking cigarettes I stole from mom and dad....definitely not trying to be cool to myself.